𝙲𝙷𝙰𝙿𝚃𝙴𝚁 𝚃𝙷𝙸𝚁𝚃𝚈 𝙽𝙸𝙽𝙴 -alcoholic-

The following Saturday morning must have been one of the best in Heidi's entire life. She woke up a bit tired, but with a smile. She couldn't stop thinking about Tilda, but for once she wasn't anxious about it, she wasn't worried she would find out. Tilda had kissed her. Heidi couldn't have been happier. She went downstairs and was met by Trudy, who sat at the kitchen table with a letter Heidi guessed was bills.

"Guten Morgen." She said to her kindly. Trudy looked up from the papers with a smile.

"Hallo, Heidi." Trudy greeted her.

Heidi nodded to her and then grabbed a small piece of bread to eat as breakfast. On the kitchen counter she found the now dried painting she had made yesterday. She picked it up gently, a wave of guilt washing over her because she hadn't apologised to her twin sister yet.

"It's really nice." Trudy commented quietly. "Are you going to keep it anywhere?"

Heidi shook her head. "I'm going to give it to someone." She told her, running back up to her room to get dressed. She grabbed a light green cardigan and a dress with small embroidered flowers. She had a plan and it was going to happen outside in the early summer sun. She knew that Frieda would probably spend the morning with poor little Manfred at the Fischer house, in which he basically just slept because he couldn't stand the smell of his own house and Helga had been kind enough to accept his presence. My human left the house with confidence, drawing in hand as the sun rose behind the old buildings on Apfelstraße. Right when she was about to knock on The Fischer's house door, it opened. Heidi ended up face to face with Frieda, who was holding Manfred's hand, he looked far less pale than he had a few days before.

"Hi." Frieda said without any particular emotion. Heidi could see the grip on her brother's hand tighten as Frieda quickly pushed past her sister.

"He wants to go home, if you're about to ask." Frieda told Heidi, just as my human was going to question his abrupt departure.

Heidi stood there in the doorway for a while, how had she guessed? That was crazy. Eventually she had to let go of it and just see it as a coincidence—after all many things are in life—and then go into the house.

She smelled the cinnamon immediately. It seemed to invade all her senses, and brought back so many memories I had to stop her from crying about.

Helga noticed her in the doorway and smiled.

"Guten Morgen, Heidi." She greeted, happily, pulling some fresh pastries out of the oven.

"Good morning." My human said back. "Is Alexander awake?"

Helga shrugged. 'I'm not sure, please do wake him if he isn't."

Heidi chuckled and rolled her eyes.

"Angrily, preferably." Helga added quickly as Heidi ran up the stairs. Alexander was indeed still sleeping. Heidi pulled his covers off him and opened the curtains brutally fast.

Alexander awoke with a grunt. "Mama!" he complained, pulling his covers over his tired face.

"It's not Helga." Heidi laughed, pushing the covers off his face once more. His eyes widened and the boy jumped out of bed as he noticed it was indeed, not his mother.

"What on earth are you doing here Mädchen!" He exclaimed, horrified.

Heidi rolled her eyes. "Your mother gave me permission." She answered with a smirk.

Alexander let out a loud sigh and let his mop of hair fall in front of his face.

"You snore, did you know that?" Heidi teases, chuckling at his expression.