𝙲𝙷𝙰𝙿𝚃𝙴𝚁 𝚃𝙷𝙸𝚁𝚃𝙴𝙴𝙽 -Frieda's luck-

The door on number 15 apfelstraße creaked open revealing Heidi and Gertrude to little Gisela, who looked up curiously. When she saw who it was she immediately ran into the kitchen. Heidi felt the tension in the air, the house was far too quiet. She was about to get a long lecture. Just as Heidi predicted Trudy out from the kitchen and stared at the doorway. Her face was practically red with anger. She had been so worried.

"Heidi Franziska Seide!" She practically yelled. "Where have you been!?" She made sure to emphasise every single word of her question so her daughter would understand the extent of the trouble she was in. Heidi surely understood, I assure you. Gertrude stepped back ever so slightly, not wanting to interfere. Heidi began stuttering as her mother's persistent  gaze remained on her.

"I'm sorry, mama." She started, staring down at the floor. "The sky was so pretty when I woke up, and I just had to go outside! I was just painting the whole time, I swear! I should have seen the time pass by, but I didn't notice, I'm really sorry."

Heidi kept on rambling, Trudy didn't seem to take her apology too well, she glanced over at Gertrude.

"Is this true?" She frowned at the older woman, Gertrude barely knew how to answer, Trudy looked rather threatening. Trudy insisted. "Was she only drawing?"

"Painting, she was painting." Gertrude corrected. Why she felt the need to do so was rather unclear. Alfred joined them all in the entryway just then.

"Trudy? Have you forgotten your manners?" He inquired as he stretched his hand out to Gertrude. "I'm Alfred Seide, this is my wife Trudy." Gertrude nodded to him politely.

"I'm Gertrude Meyer."

"Nice to meet you Frau Meyer, thank you for escorting our daughter home." He looked over at Heidi and gestured for her to step inside. "I suppose and hope she didn't bother you too much, she's not one to talk loads."

She frowned at his affirmation. It was nothing but false in her opinion.

"Oh no, quite on the contrary, she's quite entertaining, she's good with her words, Herr.

Your daughter's witty." She said, smiling at the girl who was now being dragged through the kitchen by her little sister. Alfred didn't take Gertrude's words seriously, not even in the slightest, Heidi barely talked at all, he doubted she could be good with words.

"Well, I'm glad she at least didn't bother you-" Manfred began wailing and Trudy's remaining patience shattered into pieces.

"Oh and there he goes again," she grunted before raising her voice. "Wilma!"

Wilma flew down the stairs at the sound of her name.

"Yes, mama?"

Trudy turned to her and smiled ever so slightly. "Please, take Manfred with you when you go to town later." She pleaded, Wilma nodded and picked the screaming baby up from the floor.

Wilma then looked over at heidi. "I'll take Heidi with me, I've promised that I would let her tag along some day" Heidi lit up, a wide smile spread across her face. She would have done anything to escape the tension of this house.

"Well then she will tag along another time, she shouldn't have left without warning like she just did, she's grounded."

Wilma rolled her eyes. She understood her mother had been sick with worry, but her punishment for innocently painting outside was a bit harsh in her opinion.

"You'll take Frieda, she can be helpful." 

At those words Heidi ran up to her room, wanting to punch a wall or scream into a pillow. It truly was unfair, since Frieda was nowhere to be found, probably playing outside with her friends, but when she came back she didn't get an angry lecture, she got to go on a fun little adventure with her sister.