𝙲𝙷𝙰𝙿𝚃𝙴𝚁 𝚃𝚆𝙴𝙽𝚃𝚈 𝚂𝙴𝚅𝙴𝙽 -bullying-

Learning how to read was surprisingly easy, Alexander had told Heidi it was one of the hardest things he'd ever done, which Heidi now knew must have been an exaggeration, but on the other hand she had a better resource than all the other children in her class had gotten. The name of this resource was gertrude, or frau Meyer as she had to address her. She was grateful beyond measure for this woman, she was a wonderful teacher, a kindhearted person, a great listener and she knew exactly how to make reading exciting for anyone. In truth, she didn't have to do much convincing for Heidi, since the young girl had been aching to do it since she was seven, but for other children, Gretude's talent was a huge asset and her wide range of literary knowledge stained onto the children like acrylic paint on a white linen shirt.

The older woman made it a habit to give each child a new book on their birthday from the library on her own card. They would have two weeks to read it and she knew that for some people this was priceless.

Heidi and Frieda got theirs on Friday as their birthday was the next day. Heidi had devoured the book before 9 o'clock on sunday. Wilma had given her a kiss on the cheek as she noticed Heidi was reading. My human had then run all the way to the library with quick steps and the taste of blood in her mouth. It closed at exactly 9, and she wasn't going to keep this book for herself for much longer, it deserved to be read by others. She loved it so much, it was the story of a rabbit who discovered the world. It was a really simple book, probably not written for her age group, but what made it so wonderful was the amazing imagery in it. The illustrations of those colourful and riveting adventures were very obviously painted with watercolour. They were delicate and calming, with a muted but yet magical colour choice. Gertrude knew all her students so well.

The next day she was thrilled to hear that Heidi had read it all so fast and most of all enjoyed it so much. She suggested that during their extra hour of reading practice that afternoon, they could talk about the meaning of the book instead of regular reading practice. Heidi agreed with a n eager nod, and then sat down at her desk enjoying the lessons of the day, talking with Tilda about different things.

"Do you think Franz Günther is handsome?" The blond haired girl asked in a whisper. Heidi's eyes narrowed and she angled her eyebrows.

"Not at all," She said, she couldn't think of anyone less handsome, he disgusted her to tell the truth. He scared the younger children at the school, he always started fights and yelled so loud the whole school yard could hear him. She was sort of disappointed in her friend. She couldn't possibly think he was right? A slight fear of it started building up in the pit of her stomach.

"Right?" She then asked with a giggle. "He's horrible, so mean!"

Heidi 's mind slowed down and a huge relief washed over her.

"Lila says he is handsome, she has this huge crush on him." Tilda whispered into her ear and Heidi almost burst out laughing.

"Well, they would make a great couple." She said, "Lila is just as mean,"
Tilda nodded. "She likes to bring everyone else down, it's like a hobby."
Heidi rolled her eyes, of course she likes doing that, she thought.

"She's a viper." Heidi grunted. "Bullying everyone, even my sister, and I don't like Frieda, but she comes home crying because of her sometimes and I don't think she deserves that."

Tilda shook her head. "She's a mouth breather."

Heidi nodded to that, I would never be like her She reasoned but then a thought came to counter that statement made inside her mind. Am I not doing the exact same thing he does? She asked herself. She was talking behind Lila's back with Tilda, just like Lila did to other girls. So Heidi went silent, ending the conversation there and they didn't talk about Lila for the rest of the day.