𝙲𝙷𝙰𝙿𝚃𝙴𝚁 𝙵𝙸𝙵𝚃𝙴𝙴𝙽 -police chase-

Wilma did tell Trudy Helga said hi, and Heidi did sneak out on saturday at 8am.

She ended up doing it every week until it became a habit.

One morning, the brown wooden stairs belonging to the little family living on 15 apfelstrße creaked as Heidi quite literally flew down the steps like a hurricane.

The whole family was sitting at the breakfast table, looking at her with wide eyes.

She grabbed a zimtschnecken from the table, spilling a glass of terribly coloured milk all over the place.

"Heidi!" Trudy hissed as the milk spread all over the table.

"Sorry, mama." She said, forcing an apologetic smile and grabbing a towel to clean it up.

Trudy watched her, making sure she didn't forget to absorb a single drop of the little puddle that spread across the wood. Thankfully sh7ke did a quick and efficient job and after popping a few more cinnamon rolls into a bag, she rushed out the door.

"Be careful! Don't do anything stupid" Trudy managed to yell after her before she disappeared into the sunny street.

"We'll see about that." Wilma whispered with a smirk, she knew all about Heidi and Alexander's little excursion across the train tracks and across the bridge. She had pried it out of her one day when she looked especially secretive.

It was rather warm that day during the end of summer 1933. The sun hadn't truly settled into the avenues yet but a few golden sunspots hit Heidi's freckled cheeks causing a wide smile to spread across her face. She loved summer, but she preferred autumn, because of all those beautiful colours, even back when her eyesight was in order she found it beautiful, mesmerising even.

She ran down the dark cobblestone street with quick steps. She could have tripped at any point during her journey since she kept looking up at the buildings instead of keeping her eyes on the road, but luckily she didn't.

Colours were so much more apparent now, some houses were made out of painted wood, often shades of yellow, red or orange, but there was this one wanky house just next to hers that was painted green, the paint had worn off though and you saw its true brown colour emerging beneath the paint. That house had been empty for years.

And then there was Alexander's house. The stone at the base did look really nice. According to her it was a mix of light grey and dark beige. It looked cleaner than her house's dark grey cobblestone and cement base.

She went up the stairs leading to the blue door and knocked.

Helga opened the front door and smiled at my little human.

"Good morning, Heidi." She said, smiling softly. She had obviously noticed how much fun she and her son appeared to be having by now and it had become a routine for Heidi to pick him up in the morning.

"Guten morgen, Helga." Heidi returned, smiling just as warmly. She tilted her head slightly to her left and quickly peeked inside the house through the gap left by the open door. She saw Alexander struggle to tie his shoe laces. She let out a slight giggle.

He was such an einzeller.

She quickly had to wipe off that chuckle, any trace of it disappeared as soon as Alexander ran past his mother and gave Heidi a little necklace, basically tossing it into her hand.

"Good morning, Mädchen." He exclaimed with a wide smile, waiting for her to take a better look at the necklace.

Heidi looked down into the palm of her hand, she traced the little chain with her thumb delicately and then noticed the little pendant attached to it. She held it right in front of her to get a better look at it. It had a shimmering silver chain, but the colour seemed to be slightly wearing off since she spotted a few dark spots on the pendant. She slowly looked up at Alexander not knowing what to say. Unsure of what words would be good enough to express her gratitude.