𝙲𝙷𝙰𝙿𝚃𝙴𝚁 𝚂𝙸𝚇𝚃𝙴𝙴𝙽 -school and compassion-

The night before the famous and well awaited first day of school, Heidi made sure she had the right clothes, the right shoes, the right hair. Everything had to be decent. No I'm not going to say perfect, because Heidi firmly believed that nothing could ever be perfect, apart from Frieda. So therefore she didn't want to be "perfect" because she didn't want to be Frieda

She had a  rather flawed vision of the world, but let's not forget she was young, very young.

They didn't have uniforms at her local school, but they had a strict dress code. The length of the girls' skirt and the colour of their stocking were deemed as highly important, Heidi made sure her attire fit all the criteria.

"Are you really going to wear those?" Frieda asked, staring at her with some kind of disgust.

Heidi looked up at her with indescribable anger etched upon her whole face.

"Yes, what about it?" She retorted with a dry and direct tone.

Frieda took a deep breath and rolled her eyes up at the ceiling.

"They're slightly green." She said, exaggerating her dislike of the colour.

Heidi scoffed and ignored her sister as walked out the door of the bedroom going toward the stairs.

Green Heidi's favourite colour. Especially when it was either very dark or slightly muted, of course Frieda had to find it absolutely horrid.

Heidi went down the stairs, her mother was still cleaning up in the kitchen and Wilma was on the floor playing with Gisela.

She sat down next to the dusty dark fireplace and began painting the room on her dad's old daily paper, trying to ignore and forget Frieda's existence.

"You're drawing?" Gisela asked, with wide dreamy eyes.

"Painting." Heidi corrected, trying to smile at her little sister but failing, she wasn't too happy about Frieda's comment and the effects would last for some time. Some might say she was being a bit dramatic but let me remind you all these comments were frequent and always negative. I always understood why Heidi got a bit bitter after one of them.

Wilma turned to still holding Gisela who was playing with some lavender flowers.

"Everything alright, Heidi?" She asked in a sort of sigh. She was tired, she often was these days, having to take care of two toddlers and the house chores.

Heidi nodded, but as she was about to back track and tell the truth, they heard voices from back in the kitchen.

"Oh Frieda!" Her mother exclaimed. "Oh look at you! you look so grown up now in your school clothes."

Heidi sighed and did everything in her power to ignore this.  It almost felt like a joke. Why did her parents have to be so loud about how proud they were of Frieda all the time? Why hadn't her mother said the same thing when she saw her walking past the kitchen to go into the living room?

They kept on telling Frieda how amazing she was, Heidi peaked away from her newspaper canvas for just a second and saw her father hugging her twin tightly. That was the last straw for today.

She immediately got up and threw her coat around her, leaving without shoes through the little door on the side of the house.

Wilma called after her but was all too exhausted to run after her, she could only hope that she would come back soon.

Tears dripped down Heidi's face when she started running, she noticed the sky was a wonderful dark blue and a few stars glimmered in the sky. The temperature was rather warm, but a soft breeze brushed over Heidi's face and made her shiver.