𝙲𝙷𝙰𝙿𝚃𝙴𝚁 𝚂𝙴𝚅𝙴𝙽 -it's always about Frieda-

The soup actually tasted quite good that night. Heidi had no idea what her mother had done to it, but it certainly was much better than yesterday, same colour, same texture but the taste was without a doubt better.

The entire Seide family sat around their dinner table, all wearing similar knitted sweaters and old shirts.

Walter reluctantly ate his food. Wilma was busy trying to feed Gisella while Trudy tried to soothe the crying baby Manfred.

"I can hold him if you want, mama," Heidi offered after finishing her plate

Trudy smiled at her but slowly shook her head.

"I think it's best if I keep him." She told her, hushing the poor thing as he kept on crying.

Heidi  straightened her posture, she was set on getting to hold him. Heidi Seide could turn stubborn when she put her mind to it.  "He stopped crying last time I held him." She smiled at her mother, trying to look as sure of herself as possible. (She failed, but her mother either found her adorable, or pitied her)

Trudy sighed and looked down at Manfred before looking back up at Heidi.

"Fine." She said, standing up to give him to her. "But you have to be careful alright, you-"

"I have to hold him tightly and make sure he doesn't grab anything like a knife or a plate." The little girl finished. Trudy nodded with a slight smile.

Heidi held her hands out and her mother finally handed Manfred to her. Heidi smiled at him and almost immediately as his eyes met hers he smiled widely like babies seem to do for no apparent reason.

Wilma chuckled and put her hand on Her little sister's shoulder.

"Looks like you have talent." She said taking a glass of water. "Do you want to take over my babysitting chores?"

Heidi's eyes widened in horror and she shook her head frantically. Never in a million years. She was only seven for god's sake.

"Nein!" She exclaimed looking horrified.

Wilma almost choked on her water and slammed her glass back on the table.

"I'm kidding Heidi!" She laughed, looking down at Gisella. "You go have fun with the Ficsher boy, I take care of the babies." A slight tone of bitterness hid in her voice, but no one said anything about it.

Alfred raised an eyebrow, and his head peaked up from the newspaper.

"The Fischer boy, huh?" He questioned with a typical fatherly tone, frowning at Heidi with a slight grin that made the girl want to throw her face into a brick wall.

My poor human turned red and looked down at her feet.

"The boy who picked you up from the snow?" Trudy unfortunately got intrigued as well.

"Yes it's that one." Wilma said, smirking. She knew they had barely spoken to one another, but why not have a little fun. "Quite the little gentlemen if you ask me."

"I would have to agree." Trudy said, taking a slow sip of her soup.

Heidi looked up from the ground, her face having the colour of a tomato.

"I think he likes her." Wilma added. Heidi felt ashamed once more, she had barely talked to him. They weren't even friends.

"It's not like that." She whispered, looking at Manfred, it was better than facing any other member of the family. "I have barely talked to him."

"You should." Frieda started. "I mean I would have, but I guess you're too shy to do so aren't you?"

Her tone was so condescending, high pitch and annoying.