Chapter 24: Normal

Normal.

What is normal? We say it like we understand what it is, but normal is always changing. It's never the same, is that normal?

Normal is expected, it's a regular pattern. I had a normal routine in amity; I get up, Work out, do chores, go to school, get in trouble and then get chastised by the whole faction till I go to sleep. Then I start it over again. Then I come to dauntless ready to start my new normal. Get up, eat, work out, train, hang out with pax, fight with Eric and get in trouble. It was expected, it was normal; it was different, but it was my normal.

Dinner last night had felt normal. Laughing with friends while eating with all of dauntless. But it's not my normal routine. Nothing about these past weeks were normal. I don't sleep much and when I do It's on the floor of the gym. I have barely even seen my friends; these last few days have been the most I have seen of them in a couple weeks. I have constantly been trying to find anything that would be normal. Maybe that's why I enjoy working out so much. I just want my normal back, but I guess it will change soon anyways since training is coming to an end and I have to change every after I have a job, a new living place, and my new life in dauntless.

I lay in bed with Pax listening to his steady breathing as I thought about all of these things, but my mind freezes when I think about jobs. I haven't even thought about what job I would even consider choosing. Four had been talking about how I will be considered for leadership if they have a spot open, but no leader is stepping down any time soon. I still will have first pick if I stay in the number one spot. What job would I even be good at let alone what to do? Tattooing? I would work with Kai and Tori, but I'm not very good at art.  Surveillance room is where Four is, but that's really boring. The fence is a defiant no. Thank goodness I wouldn't even have to think about doing that job.

I started to get restless with my thoughts. I know I will have to choose soon, but that can wait. I look at pax to make sure he really was asleep before I slip out and head to the gym. I started my run and then moved on to push-ups. By the time I start on the punching bag I hear someone enter the room. I hold my breath waiting for them to speak.

"In the ring." I hear him say.

I turn around with a small smirk on my face.

"Came for round two?" I tease.

He took off his vest and stepped in the ring ready to spare.

"You could say that."He said with his own smirk appearing.

That night we fought a good fight. Both of us went until the early morning. Both of us to stubborn to admit defeat. We fall flat on the mat breathing in heavy breaths and dripping with sweat.

"Thank you." I muttered once again as my eyes started to flutter shut with heavy breath falling even.

"You're welcome." I thought I heard him whisper back before I was completely asleep.

This pattern continued for the rest of the week. I would leave a sleeping Pax and work out with Eric until an exhausted filled sleep over took me. Only to have Kai wake me like a doting father every morning. He would feed me breakfast and then send me off to training.

One more week. Thats all we have until this mental torture is over. Then we are finally dauntless. My fears have gotten easier finally. I can even beat my third one with no problem. Since all the training with Eric I was able to beat him better in my fears. Sometimes it ends with me throwing him off the chasm before he can do it to me, but most of the time it's just knocking him out really fast. The first time I had done it I had knocked him over the chasm and Eric wasn't happy having to watch me kill him in my sims, but he got over it. I hope.