Chapter 32: Back to Life

My night wasn't comfortable at all. I had tossed and turned all night until I finally had fallen asleep in the middle of the night. Then there it was that feeling. The feeling that someone was watching you. It was the same stare that would wake me in the dorms for training.

My eyes snapped open as fast as they possibly could only to see what looked like a big bear looming over me as I slept.

I woke with a complete start and rolled off the couch, my body landing with a loud smack. My aching wounds screamed in protest with the impact.

"Get up" He gruffly tells me as he walks away not even checking if I was ok.

I lay very still trying to calm my racing heart before I registered what he said

"Wait Why?"

"Because we have work." He said in an irritated tone.

I quickly scrambled off the floor not caring about the pain or my injuries and looked him dead in the eyes.

"Really?! I get to leave this prison?" I happily asked.

He glared at me for what I called his home.

"We leave at 10." leaving no more room for questions.

I quickly scrambled off the floor quickly trying to get myself together in the next 10 minutes, but moving this fast proved to be a little difficult. I finally put myself together as Eric started walking out the door. I quietly followed.

Our walk was quiet until people saw me. Their eyes went wide and the whispers had started, but with the amount of people talking it definitely wasn't a whisper any more.

I hadn't been seen since the day we picked our jobs and everyone wasn't aware of my injuries or my marital status to a cirtin leader, so to see me out and about after being missing for over a week none the less with Eric leading me. It did look a little weird. Eric and I carried on walking to the leaders offices as everyone watched and whispered like they always do and we just ignored them.

Once we finally get to the offices Eric takes me to a familiar door.

"Max is expecting us." He explained

We walked into fimillier room.

Max's office. And for once we're not in trouble with him.

Eric walks in the door with me following behind

"Ms. King, it's good to see you alive and well again." Max greets

"It's good to be let out." I jokingly tell him earning a glare from Eric.

"Well I'm pleased to know you are better. Now I wanted to talk about everything that will be happening from here on out. As you already know you are going to be doing work as a leader so that entails leading the faction and keeping peace, training ,strategy, patral, paperwork, and more. It might sound like a lot but Eric will train you well I'm sure of it. don't worry." He explained " Now onto the important business. How have you too been getting along?" He questioned

We sit silently for a good minute before I finally decide to end the torture.

"We are still alive."

"I see that." He said a little apprehensive. " And Since your injuries had put you on bed rest it made us have to put off some important discussion like your marital date." He stared.

"You guys will be married next week on friday. You both will need to bring a witness and how big would you like the wedding?"

I zoned out trying to imagine what I was told. My bed rest took a lot longer than I expected it would but right now I wish I was still on it. I had almost forgotten what was to happen at the end of the month which is now only a week away.