Chapter 38 :Trouble in Paradise

"So you guys did get married?" He questioned, a little irritated that he's not understanding.

"No!" "Not to me ." both Kai and I shouted

"Then who did you marry!" Pax yelled irritated.

I looked down to avoid them staring and started to fiddle with the cold metal object now permanently on my finger.

"I'm Married to Eric." 

It was so silent you could hear a pin drop then out of nowhere I was startled with a robust laughter. I look up to see Pax laughing and Zeke solemnly looking between us as he lightly chuckles unsure of the situation.

"You can't be serious. Eric! That's a good one." he just laughed harder "honestly you had me worried for a sec. But no really who did you marry"

But I just stayed silent waiting for his laughter to die down

"Man, I don't think she's joking." Zeke jerked his arm to gain his attention.

His face went somber. " What?"

"I don't think she's kidding."

He looked at my solemn face and went sober

"No." he finally said " That's not possible you guys hate each other."

I dryly laugh "Well it is possible since it happened." I say with disbelief.

"How did this happen? Last anyone saw of you guys together you were trying to kill each other. You ended up in the infirmary."

"Max wanted to show the faction that if their big bad leader could happily settle down and get married everyone else would follow suit. He decided that Eric needed a strong wife to help him run the faction so he arranged for our union at the end of initiation. " I explained emotionlessly.

"Initiation! You have known about this since initiation and didn't say anything?" Then it's like realization hit him " that's why you were crying that night." Then he looked sad, making me feel guilty. " And you didn't want me to know." It was quiet for a second

"When do you guys get married?" He questioned.

"We just got married yesterday." I tried to say it with a smile on my face but I felt numb.

Pax went deadly silent. Then Zeke finally spoke up.

"Yesterday?"

I watched as Pax turned his back and was about to walk out.

"Pax wait! Please let me explain." I shouted for him. 

"What's there to explain? You didn't even want me at your own wedding, arranged or not." He shouted back in my face.

"It honestly wasn't special." Kai muttered not thinking as he spoke.

Pax's face turned red with anger. " He was at your wedding but not me?!"

Pax stormed out without even looking back

"Pax please let me explain." I chased him into the pit but he weaved his way through the crowds of people who now all have their attention turned towards me ready to start more rumors.

What should I do? I could feel my eyes burning with the tears building, but all the whispers around me made me feel embarrassed and mad. I'm not some drama they can just watch and make lies about.

"What the fuck are you looking at! " I screamed at everyone " Mind your own damn business or else." I darkly warned

I watched as everyone went silent and quickly tried to find something to do far away from me, but it didn't make me feel any better. I just lost my best friend. I quickly made my way back to the only place I know where I could be left alone.

I rushed into the apartment as fast as I could not wanting anyone to see me cry. I slam the door shut behind me; unaware of the world around me. I don't know what to do; how do I fix this situation. I should have just told him from the beginning.

I don't care if he gets mad at me. I just want the comfort of a nice warm bed.I made my way to Eric's bedroom and just crawled into the comfort of his bed. I just cried. I felt so alone more than I ever did in amity. I started to calm down after an hour of crying. I just laid there sniffling, breathing in Eric's comforting scent and just zoning out on the wall. I don't know how long I zoned out for but next thing I heard was the door opening and closing. I hid my head in the pillows trying to hide from Eric knowing that this won't work in the slightest, But maybe I will just pretend to be asleep so he'll leave me alone. I heard his footsteps approaching and I held my breath waiting to hear what he does next, but I instinctively sniffled with my runny nose and that notified him I was still awake.

"King?" He questioned , but I just stayed silent

"What are you doing in here ." I could hear his tone get angry and I felt so vulnerable that I couldn't hold the water works back anymore. I started crying all over again.

Eric froze in his spot unsure of what was going on and what to do. 

"What happened?" He asked

"They hate me!" I balled out

"If it's about the rumors I can get them to stop." He reasoned; taking a seat on the bed

"Pax hates me and won't talk to me anymore " I wail out

I hear a loud sigh before I feel the bed shift and I feel the opposite side get weighed down.

"What Happened?" He asks again softer this time

"He found out we were married and was mad I didn't tell him; and now everyone is starting rumors that me and Kai are married. " I explained through tears.

I watch as his frown deepened

"Maybe it's for the best."

"What?" I stuttered out

"Lay low and just focus on work and hopefully this will all die down

I watched as he sprung up from the bed. He gave me one last glance before slamming the door in my face crushing me even more.

"My life is ruined." I wailed.