Chapter 35: Patrol

Last night didn't go as bad as I expected. After getting yelled at by eric I decided it would be best to get some sleep. Who knows how early patrol will start. I had been sleeping peacefully dreaming of sheep when the next thing I know I was falling right onto the ground. A loud bang sounded as my body collided with the floor and I jolted right up startled from my slumber and came face to face with the culprit.

"Get ready! We head out in 30 minutes."

I watched as he walked away looking satisfied, acting like he didn't just shove me off his couch.

I let out a loud huff making sure he could hear me.

"No peace; not even in my sleep." I muttered before picking myself up and started getting ready.

Still tired I slowly scuffle around gathering my clothes before I headed to the bathroom to get ready, but right as I pushed the door open Eric walked right in and shut the door right on my face; real mature. I rolled my eyes and just changed my clothes right there; I'm too tired to deal with this. looking out the window I noticed that the sun hasn't even broken the horizon yet.

"Ugg why?" I groaned as I dragged myself back over to the couch to put my shoes on.

As I was sitting there I slowly started to lean towards my pillow; it looked so warm and inviting, and right as my head was about to hit the pillow the door opened up. Finally! I get up and brush my teeth and fix my hair along with everything else, but I guess I was taking too long.

"Let's go! You're late!" He yelled through the door.

I just rolled my eyes and dragged my feet as I made my way to the front door.

"Let's go!" He called, sounding like he was in a bad mood.

Eric opened the door and was waiting for me to step out. I quickly turned to the entrance closet looking for a jacket. I grabbed what I needed and quickly walked out as Eric slammed the door shut and started his walk to the destination. I threw on the oversized hoodie and bathed in its warmth that it provided me on this cold morning.

We walked side by side silently as we headed to the patrol docks; not very many people were in sight on this early morning.

"So what am I supposed to do on patrol?" I finally broke the ice.

"What you were trained to do." He aggressively stated.

"No, I know that." I said as he gave me a side glance. " I mean what is expected of me in my position?"

"You will be bereft on the matter with everyone else." He snapped, shutting down this conversation.

We continued to walk in an awkward silence until finally we had reached the patrol docks. Soldiers were gearing up and talking with one another as they prepared to start their day; they are such a lively group for this early in the morning I never thought anyone else got up this early but amity.

Right as Eric and I walked in everyone quickly grouped up and gave full attention waiting for instruction. Some gave me a curious glance but never strayed from listening.

"Today's adjective; The factionless have started to become more rowdy and we have even caught them harming some of the abnegation helpers. We have also noticed some supplies have been missing in transport which we assume is the factionless doing. They have also gotten too close for comfort to erudite which they have asked we patrol more for safety. As dauntless it is your job to protect the factions, so if you see anything suspicious bring them in for questioning. Any questions?" He looked them all dead in the eye waiting for an answer.