Chapter 33: Nothing

I had tossed and turned all night on this uncomfortable couch, when finally at some point in the middle of the night I was able to fall into a light sleep. I woke periodically through the night and was very exhausted.

It all just happened at one. I was minding my own business sleeping, when he came in and stood over me silently like some crazy serial killer and I was blissfully unaware of the situation. When suddenly someone was yelling in my ear.

"What are you doing?"

I was startled awake and came face to face with the man in question. I just lay there looking at him contemplating my life as my heart was trying to jump out of my chest and he just stood there waiting for my answer.

"You have got to stop doing that!" I yell.

He just raised his eyebrows and smirked in amusement over the situation.

"What are you doing?" He reiterated.

"Well I thought it would be fun to see where else I could sleep other than your apartment. The office 10 out of 10." I sarcastically stated. "What do you think I'm doing? sleeping."

"I see that, but why in my office."

"I thought the couch looked comfy. I was wrong, I think you need a new one."

"Maybe because it's not meant to be slept on." He mutters as he leans on his desk waiting for my real explanation.

"Honestly I don't really know how I made it to your apartment the first time since I wasn't really there; You know not trying to die and all. And then when I was finally released from the prison that you call an apartment I didn't really see where we were so when I was done slaving away I realized I didn't know where your apartment was and since I didn't have anywhere to go I just came here to sleep on your other couch." I explained, " And it's not like I can just ask around to get directions to your house."

"Why not?"

"What?"

"Why not?"

"Well I... And you... you know." I gave as my pitiful excuse.

He just raised his eyebrows waiting for me to form a coherent response.

"Well I couldn't ask because people would question why I was looking for your apartment and all."

"So?" he nonchalantly questioned.

"Well do you want the whole faction knowing that we are going to be married-" I stopped before I could continue my sentence.

Eric's eyebrows shot up in surprise then his eyes instantly squinted with a scrutinizing look. I watched as he quickly turned around and headed straight for his desk. He pulled out some draws and started shuffling around looking for something, but what?"

He pulled out a piece of paper and started writing something on it; I slowly took a step forward trying to see what he was writing, but he seemed to be done. He roughly pulled open another draw to his left and pulled something out and slammed it on top of the paper pushing it in my direction.

I waited and watched to see what he would do next, but all he did was jester to the items just sitting there.

I looked at him hastily then slowly made my way over to the desk. Approaching the mysterious items I came to find a key and a piece of paper that had what looked like a hand drawn map and instructions. It looked to lead to numbers. I looked up with confusion written all over my face which only seemed to irritate him even more then he already was.

"What; never seen a map before? You said you didn't know where the apartment was and you aren't going to ask anyone for help, so maybe that will help you find your way around. Unless you like sleeping in random spots every night." He smugly says " And the key is so you can enter the door." He said in a condescending tone like I was stupid.