Chapter 37: Newlyweds

I felt the warmth of the bed as I slept. I took a deep breath and smelt the comforting smells of something familiar. In my sleepy haze I couldn't figure it out, but it slowly lulled me back to sleep. I felt so comfortable that I didn't want to wake up; I just wanted to stay here in bed all day.

I turned over and cuddled into my warm pillow; I slowly breathed in the relaxing smell as I fell back into an alluring sleep with the sound of a light thump that became soothing.

With each thump my breath evened out and my heart pounded at the same beat. Then my heart stopped at the sound of a deep sigh coming from right under me and then I felt a strong muscular arm pull my body in closer to what I thought was my pillow. Then pulled me in tight before relaxing and was about to keep sleeping. My body tensed up as I relized im not sleeping on a pillow and right as I tensed up the other person's body went rigid next to me.

Oh man! What did I do last night? My mind was running wild just trying to remember anything ,but was coming up blank. How did I even make it home? Bold of me to assume I made it home!

Lets just count to three and get it over with. It's just like ripping off a band- aid.

1.

2.

3.

My eyes snapped open meeting eye to eye with chilling blue eyes that I know all too well. They stare back at me in confusion. You could see the wheels turning as he pieces together the situation as best as he could, but I honestly was still lost. He abruptly pushed me off his body and right onto the floor as he untangled himself from the sheets. I landed with a loud thud and I just laid there stunted trying to understand what the hell is going on.

It was quiet for a good second before Eric finally spoke up.

"What the hell are you doing in my bed?!"

"If i'm being honest i'm not entirely sure myself." I mutter back from over the side of the bed. I continue to lay there as I stair at the ceiling.

I hear him grunt out a low growl " Get out."

"Excuse me?" I quickly sit up to look at him. " Maybe you forgot, but I live here too!" I yell out

"Get out of my room ." He breathed through clenched teeth.

"What no good morning kiss? No I love you?" I sarcastically tell him as I stood up. " We're married now, isn't this expected of us? " I yell out as I walk out of the room. Before I even crossed the door frame the door was slammed right on my ass.

I walked away with my cheeks burning red with embarrassment and a splitting headache. I heard Eric walk across the hall and slam the bathroom door as I quickly scuffled around with my clothes and got dressed as fast as I could. I exit the apartment prepared to avoid Eric for the rest of the day. I'm just so frustrated; why did it have to be me?

I started my morning run and my racing mind wouldn't leave me alone. Im stupid , so stupid how could I have even done something so dumb. What am I supposed to do now? I can't go back and look him in the eye let alone work with him.

That's it, I'm going factionless! I'm being ridiculous, we are married now, this shouldn't be a problem. Right?

"Ahhh!" I screamed out in frustration. I watched as everyone's head snapped towards me in shock and looked at me very concerned. "Sorry." I mutter out as I continue on my run mortified by what just happened.

After an hour of running I could feel my stomach clench and it let out a loud growl to signal it was hungry. I looked at the clock to check what time it was, only to be surprised it was already lunch time. I walk into the cafeteria and find just who I was looking for a couple of lumps bent over moaning and groning from their night out.