Chapter 25: Mad Man

One more week and we are done. This is our final training week before we have to take the final test and then we are finally dauntless members.

I finally wont have to deal with any more annoying cold showers or this stupid fear sim anymore after this and the best of all no more of Erics bullshit.

It is the next day in training and Eric is still mysteriously mad at me. Every time our paths cross he would throw a harsh glare in my direction as he walks away leaving me confused but angrier than the last time. He walked into the cold hallway calling his next victim and just threw a glare at me before he completely ignored my existence. By the end of the day he didn't even do my fear simulation; which is his job. I was unfortunate enough to be put on his list of people he had to do for the sims, but he just completely ignored me.

Four walked out of the room ready for his day to be over as I still sat in my seat glaring at the floor; Furious with this whole day. He quickly realized I wasn't sitting there for my own amusement.

"Have you not had your sims done yet?" came his confused voice.

I just shake my head no as I continue to glare at the floor.

"Come on." He sighed out as he led me into the room.

I silently take my seat just ready for this to be over with already.

"Why didn't Eric do your sims?" Four asked, aggravated by the situation.

"He's been mad at me." I vaguely told him.

"He's mad at you?" He asked in disbelief. "He's Eric. When is he not mad at you?"

"We were getting along for a while this last week." I start. " But Then it was like a flip switched and then he was mad for no reason."

"Well it is Eric we are talking about. He's always mad about something." Four grumbles.

"Yea I know, but I can figure out what I did to make him mad this time." I mumbled.

Maybe he's mad at my sim? I did throw him off the chasm a couple times.

"Don't worry about it. It's definitely not your fault." Four consults patting my shoulder.

I made my way through my sim with no problem. After finishing my sims it was almost time for dinner but I didn't feel like eating, so I just made my way to the gym ready for my workout. I stayed all night not getting any sleep letting my anger fueled me. Back to the same old schedule no sleep and bruised bloodied knuckles.

The next day I dragged my tired body to the training room and took my seat in the hall. Eric was still ignoring me while giving me death glares. This went on for the whole week, but I decided to ignore him not wanting to deal with his attitude. Four even became concerned by the way he was acting. He started doing all of my sims since Eric wont even acknowledge me. Then the day came when Four was called away for an emergency in the surveillance room leaving me all alone to do my sims with Eric. 

It was like every other day he ignored my existence until I was the last one in the hall. By the time the last person walked out I was glaring at my feet waiting for him to call my name, but it never came. I looked up confused and saw that the door was left open almost like it was beckoning me in. I slowly made my way in with my guards ready; feeling like it was a trap. He's sitting in his seat ignoring me so I make the shot trip over to sit in the chair, but I ignore him. I can feel the intense stare burning into the side of my face.

I stay silent not wanting to speak with him. And he made no move to start a conversation. I sit and listen to him get everything ready, but before I even realize what he's doing. From the corner of my eye I see his hand raise and quickly come down impaling my neck with a stab of the needle. My hand shoots up holding my neck as it throbs in pain.