Chapter 42: Troublemaker

As I lay there in the silence my mind filled with questions. What time is it? Where did Eric go? What does this mean for us? As my mind flew through questions one thing I realized was that the kitten was still here. I was relieved because I was worried Eric would run off in the night to dispose of him when I was asleep.

I smirk realizing I won; I got what I wanted. I got to keep the kitten.

I slowly tried to get up without disturbing the little fluff ball that was sleeping next to me, But I realized that wasn't the problem. My face burned red as my legs shake with pain. It felt like I ran a marathon. I push through and try to get used to the feeling as I start to pick up the clothes thrown around the room. By the time I had everything cleaned up the little fluff ball decided to make his presence known.''

"Meow"

"You hungry little guy?"

"Meow"

"I'll take that as a yes." I chuckled

I slowly make my way into the kitchen with the kitten trailing behind. I pulled out some meat that was left over and I mashed it up so it would be easier for him to eat. As I prepared his meal he weaved his body between my legs rubbing his head on my ankle; he happily stopped as I put a plate in front of him to eat. I watched as he happily munched away.

I turned to the coffee pot ready to brew a pot, but to my surprise it was already made. I happily pour myself a cup before I turn back to watch the kitten munch away. I began to zone out with my thoughts. I thought about everything that has happened since the time i've left amity, but my thoughts drifted to Pax. I sigh as I think about him; how did it get so messy between us? Then my mind drifted back to the subject I couldn't escape Eric. Does he like me or...

I was so zoned out that I didn't hear the door shut or notice Eric slowly approaching me Until I felt goosebumps light up my skin. There he was standing right in front of me. He eyes me from head to toe with a smirk painted on his face. I nervously shift from foot to foot standing in nothing but his shirt.

He caged me in with his arms on the counter closing the space between us.

"What were you thinking about?" He smirks, obviously knowing what I was thinking about.

I look up at him through my eyelashes as my own smirk paints on my face. 

"Oh you know world domination, cats, all the wonderful things girls think about."

His smirk drops

Then he leans in close to my ear before whispering "So you aren't thinking about this?"

His lips lightly trace the shell of my ear before slowly moving lower. Feather light kisses were placed all over my neck making my heart flutter; As he continued lower and faster, I let out a breathy sigh, but was startled out of my bliss by a loud meow.

The kitten's cute little green eyes peered up at us as he continued to meow.

"Cockblock " Eric mutters under his breath as he slowly backs up from me.

We stand in an awkward silence before Eric finally decides to retreat to his room. I let out a loud puff of air as a pout settles on my face.

"You really are trouble." I whisper down to the mischievous kitten who seemed to have quiet down now as he rubs his head on my legs with a pur.

I sit on the couch with a long sigh. Everything Is just how it was. Eric still ignores me and I'm left to sit out here by myself with nothing to do but read myself to sleep. But one thing is different, at least I'm not completely alone I think as I look down at the little trouble maker in my lap.