𝟎:𝟏𝟕

♛

"You what?" Simone asks Morelia over the phone

"You what?" Simone asks Morelia over the phone. They had just made it back home two days ago and everything seemed to be peaceful. "I said currently looking for a job to get my own apartment. I'm not trying to invade in my friend's space."

"I can send  you some money as a start. How much you need?" Simone asked stopping the cooking she was doing to open her cashapp. "Mija. I don't need anything from you-"

"Are you sure? Cause I cou-"

"I'm positive. Use your own money to spend on yourself. Not other people." Simone found it hard to not help other folks in need. She used to struggle so she knew how it felt, but the fact that she knew she had money and uses it for only herself didn't sit right with her soul.

She sighed putting her phone back down to continue cooking. "It's been two days and I already physically miss you." She admitted making Morelia laugh. "I miss you to mija."

"I forgot to ask you..."  Simone tapped the spoon on the rim of the pot before putting on a small plate. "Did you go to immigration court?" She asks. Morelia hums yes to her question. "Then why'd they deport you? You had good reasons for staying over here."

Simone hears Morelia sigh through her AirPods. "I couldn't tell them."

"What?"

"I had no lawyer, so I couldn't really defend myself. I had a hard time gathering evidence  so I asked if they could give me a lawyer and they said no. And the only question the judge asked me is if I had a family back in Mexico."

"And what did you say?"

"I told her no...but I wasn't being honest." Morelia hated talking about her childhood to people. The only person she ever really talked about it with is Simone. "That's all? They didn't even let you tell your story?"