𝟎:𝟒𝟓

"Mommy mommy!" Running thumps across the hallway coming into Simone's bedroom has interrupted her sleep

"Mommy mommy!" Running thumps across the hallway coming into Simone's bedroom has interrupted her sleep. She turned over in her comforter with her head under protected under the covers. She squeezed her eyes shut, wanting to go back to sleep until the door slammed open and the running had gotten closer.

She feels the bed lightly shake and a small but heavy body plops ontop of her. "Mommy mommy mommy!" Juwelz calls.

Simone sighs tiredly. "What's wrong bebe?" She asks from under the cover.

"Santa!" She exclaims. "Santa here!" She laughs. "Come!" She shakes her mother repeatedly. The two year old backs away and jumps off the bed to run right back out the room. Simone removed the comforter over her head and scratches her bonnet before sitting upwards. She had forgotten today was Christmas.

She looks on the other side of bed. Still empty. Titan was reverting back to not being home all day, and if he was, he would only stay around for a bit before leaving again to go do God knows what.

She had learned not to feel some type of way about it. She knew the type of person he was and what he did for a living and she couldn't change that about him. He had to go out and did what he had to do. Though she didn't like it, she couldn't have her input cause that's his business and they weren't together.

She sets her two feet on the cold wooden floor and jumps up out of the bed. On top of opening presents it was a Christmas party Sevyn was hosting at her house she would be on her feet all day.

Opening the door she walks out the hallway and downstairs into the living room, where she had hung up the tall green tree Titan had bought but kept in his closet year-round. She had decided to take it upon herself to hang it up and decorate it.

"You ready?" Simone smiles as Juwelz crosses her legs sitting next to the dozens of wrapped presents bunched under the tree. She sits down next to her and grabs the green rectangle-shaped present first. She had known which ones which wrapped herself whether it had been for Juwelz or for Titan. She could tell Titan had bought more presents for Juwelz than she did.

"Here." She hands her the present to open it. Juwelz picks the wrapping paper apart, leaving pieces of paper on the floor to reveal her present. "It's an easy bake oven, babe." Juwelz examines the front of the box and tries to open it.

"Open your other presents first." Simone says grabbing it out of her hands and placing it next to the tree.

Juwelz stands up and goes over to the largely rectangular present that was wrapped with red paper. Simone raises her eyes eyebrows on how heavy it looked. "Titan must have bought this." She murmurs to herself. She stands up helps her daughter unwrap the object. "Aww." She gushes at the unveiling of a pink Ferrari electric car. "Now I'm jealous." She fake frowns. "I always wanted one of them things."

The two spent the next hour cooing over presents they were given by family members. By the time they were almost done the whole living room was filled with pieces of wrapping paper.