𝟎:𝟑𝟓

♛

"Nah, I got it

"Nah, I got it." Titan assured the older female nurse that stood between the door frame watching him. She hummed in amusement clutching her clipboard.

It was 1 PM, Titan had stayed overnight for the past 4 days to care for Simone. Really only for basic necessities. The nurses had rarely did their jobs when he was around, besides bodily maintenance and checking her IV tubes. He made sure Simone hadn't reached a point where she needed to be on life support or worse. If the nurse wasn't the one checking her heart monitor, Titan was.

Doctors and nurses had informed them that Simone was making progress little progress. They were unsure when Simone would wake up from her coma. "It would probably take weeks or even months for her to wake up on her own."  Since the stabbing had done some internal damage they had to keep track of her vitals every hour.

"You sure you ain't graduate medical school in nursing? Cause it look like you know more than me." The female nurse intensively watched Titan lightly drag the soapy yellow sponge across Simone's face, cleaning it with precision.  The nurse couldn't recall touching Simone's face with a sponge ever since she made it to the hospital.

Titan lowly laughs at her joke as he squeezes the sponge water in the bucket. He could admit he was overstaying his welcome but who was he to care. Placing the sponge on the nightstand next to the hospital bed, he grabbed the towel rag and gently wiped her face dry.