𝟎:𝟐𝟖

♛

Early afternoon sunlight beamed through the windshield of the 2020 Toyota Camry

Early afternoon sunlight beamed through the windshield of the 2020 Toyota Camry. The team of two sat in the driver and passenger's seat parked on the curb next to the prison corrections center.

"You sure you wanna go in by yourself?" Xavier looked over at his partner who had her eyes occupied on the entrance of the prison. She blinked and turned her head so her hazel eyes could set on him. "Yea? You make it seem like I should be scared."

"Yea, you should be." He responded to her lack of worry making her roll her eyes. "Xavier, that boy just turned 20 and I'm a woman in my mid 30s, I'm not worried about him."

"And?" Xavier raised his eyebrow. "I'm not scared of him either, but do you even know what he was locked up for-"

"1 count of domestic violence and 5 counts of murder, I know. I looked at his court cases before I talked to him the first time." She tugged on the rim of her leather jacket reading the time on her phone. 11:25. "I have to be in there by 11:30.

"Noor..." Xavier trailed off, taking the last sip of his coffee before setting it in the holder. "We came all the way from Houston for no reason. It's clear the boy has a case of obsession with his ex. And there's evidence-"

"The only evidence we have against him is the 1 count of domestic violence, the only thing we can confirm is that he was actually abusing his ex, Xavier. We don't even know if he actually sent somebody over to trash her apartment." Noor defended grabbing the beige paper folded that sat on her lap. "You have the picture of his written initials on her mirror, inside the folder you're holding Noor. A'belle Thompson."

"Tell me if he hired somebody, why would they write his initials on the mirror? Trying to set him up while he's already in jail? Why would he ask someone to do that for him, literally setting himself up which makes no sense." Noor was little to no educated on Devil's past life. She had forgotten the 5 counts of murder and not being sentenced to 25 to life for that. He had still held some sort of power even being in jail.

Xavier swiped his hand through his golden brown slick-backed hair."Maybe that's what he wanted? He's locked up with only a few years left to his sentence for a reason, Noor. He should have 28 years left to go if he was sentenced correctly."