𝟎:𝟑𝟏

♛

Simone shot her eyes open, staring at her white ceiling in confusion

Simone shot her eyes open, staring at her white ceiling in confusion. She breathed in and out and used her hands to rub her face. She had yet another nightmare based off negative events.

This was the first nightmare she had in a month. She was unsure on what her dreams meant, because somehow it always involved her living back in Chicago and being somewhat involved with her ex. Whether it being dating or parenting.

When she left the jail center she had occupied herself with avoidance. From not only sleeping but from her daughter. She had forgotten her best friends no longer lived with her but Solicity was down the hall. She had told her to keep Juwellyz until she got her mind straight, she still couldn't come to terms with seeing Devil's face in her daughters.

She had went a total of 2 years without seeing him. Yes she could say she had forgotten how his face looked because she wasn't concerned with him up until this point. She hadn't seen Juwellyz since yesterday and she became scared to see her because of the fear of looking at her and seeing the resemblance of her father.

But of course there were a bunch of people that told Simone Juwellyz had looked exactly like her. She found it as a blessing because who would want to look like their father? Especially if their father is a bad person. But Simone could admit when Juwellyz was younger she looked exactly like Devil. She couldn't say the same after they had moved because she wanted to leave her past in Chicago, including familiar faces that caused her trauma. She had no longer saw her baby father's face in her daughter, she began to see herself and that's what kept her from losing her inner peace for a while.

She threw the covers off of her, feeling the cold breeze of the AC hit her body before placing her feet on the cold wooden floor. She got up and walked out her bedroom to approach the 10 by 10 bathroom stuck between Juwellyz's room and the storage room.

When she moved to Houston, for 3 months she dealt with depression, nightmares, and high anxiety. She had gotten prescribed with multiple medications that had mostly helped her along the way. After she figured she had gotten relieved from everything, she decided stopped taking them. Even after her apartment got trashed the majority of her medication was there besides a few anti depressants and she took them to her new apartment.