1.6.1

The Monster

Lexie

"Nancy?!" Johnathon calls out in panic, the light of both his and Lexie's flashlights shooting around aimlessly.

The three had been out all day, hunting for a monster which the Wheeler girl had spotted in one of Johnathon's photographs taken the night of the party - the night Barb had disappeared.

"Nance?!"

Their hunt had been unsuccessful until they found a wounded deer, which had been suddenly pulled away just before Nancy could put it out of its misery.

"Where the hell could she be?"

Upon looking for the deer, the three had accidentally split up. Only for Jonathon and Lexie to be brought back together after hearing a loud scream from the Wheeler girl.

"I don't know!" The Byers boy responds before calling for the girl again.

"Jonathon? Lexie?! I'm right here!" A distorted scream can be heard, confusing Lexie immensely.
"Where? Nancy we're right here!"

"Yeah, just follow our voices!" Jonathon shouts, his eyes darting in every direction.

"Jonathon?!"

"Follow my voice, Nancy. I'm right here!"

Noticing a weird glow coming from a tree, Lexie nudges Jonathon's arm and runs towards it, "What the hell is this crap?"

"Nancy? Nancy follow my voice!" Jonathon continues to yell, meanwhile Lexie inspects the tree.

All of a sudden, a hand shoots out from the tree causing the girl to jump backwards in surprise, a short scream emitting from deep in her throat.

"Jonathon! Lexie!" Nancy screams and Lexie quickly grabs onto the arm, attempting to pull her out.

Noticing her struggle, the Byers boy swiftly swoops in to help - all of them falling in a heap on the floor, Nancy sobbing through the panic.

"Your okay, Nance, your safe now!" The Nelson girl soothes while Jonathon pulls her into a tight embrace, watching as the tree closes up.
-
-
After they get to Nancy's house, Jonathon sits the girl on the bed while Lexie heads over to the bathroom, "I'll start the shower now, so it's warm."

Unbeknown to the three, once the Nelson girl steps into the bathroom, Steve decides to sneak up to the window to check on his girlfriend - seeing her alone with the Byers boy.