2.3.4

The Pollywog

Missy

"Hello?" Max pounds her fist agains the door, "Hello? Guys, c'mon! Can I come in yet?"

"No!" Mike yells from inside the room and Missy shakes her head at him slightly.

"I don't understand." Lucas sighs.

"What do you not understand?" Mike narrows his eyes at the boy.

"Will saw something that looked like Dart last year?"

"Kind of, but there was no tail." the smaller boy explains and Missy subconsciously leans into Benji for comfort.

"But then he heard it yesterday, the exact same sound."

"Why didn't you tell us before?" Dustin asks Will who shakes his head slightly,

"I wasn't sure."

"So, it's a coincidence?"

"Or not." Mike defends Will, "What if when Will was stuck in the Upside Down, he somehow acquired true sight?"

Missy blows a bubble with her gum, chewing away the stress of the situation as Benji rubs her shoulders gently.

"True sight?"

"It gives you the power to see into the ethereal plane." Dustin explains and Lucas sighs,

"Elaborate."

Mike is the one to speak up, "Maybe, these episodes that Will keeps having aren't really flashbacks at all. Maybe they're real - maybe Will can somehow see into the Upside Down."

"Cool.." Missy states before noticing everyone's stares, "Not cool."

"So, that would mean..." Lucas brings the attention away from his friend.

"Dart is from the Upside Down."

Benji sighs at the revelation, "We have to take him to Hopper and my dad."

"I agree." Missy states from beside the boy.

"No way!" Dustin exclaims, "If we take him to them, Dart's as good as dead."

"So? If we don't take him to them, we are as good as dead!" Missy argues and the others nod in agreement.

"How can you say that?"