1.8.2

The Upside Down

Missy

The group swiftly follow Tony as he rushes into a classroom and places El on a table. Mike latches onto the fragile girls hands and gives her some soothing words.

Missy's hand is firmly interlocked with Benji's as she watches the older man attempt to barricade the door - a new piece of bubblegum in her mouth so that she can chew away the stress. She scoffs slightly when he deems his work good enough, "Well, that was a waste of time."

Benji nudges her shoulder lightly and she turns to look at the boy, "What? I'm pretty sure if the demogorgon can break through a brick wall, a few desks aren't gonna stop it."

The raven haired man looks at the girl with his eyebrows furrowed, "Nobody likes a smartass."

"On the contrary, quite a few people like me actually." Missy replies before popping a bubble with her gum.

The man cringes at the sight, "And you're a gum chewer...go figures."

Missy sends a glare his way, "Excuse me?"

"Gum, we'll it's just a bit of a waste of time and money really, isn't it? Plus the chewing disgusts me." Tony rambles on, only fuelling Missy's irritation.

"Who the hell do you think you are?!"

"Well, my names been Tony Kennedy since birth...so I guess I'm him."

Missy's face drops as soon as she hears his surname. Noticing this, Benji squeezes her hand and the room goes silent - everyone stopping what they were doing to see how she would react.

"I..I'm sorry?" the girl stutters, confusing the man completely.

"Tony Kennedy...what? Are you kids deaf or something."

"Kennedy?" Lexie asks before her gaze travels to Missy, "As in Melissa Kennedy?"

It's now Tony's turn to stutter, his eyes wide in realisation as they focus on the brunette girl in front of him - the same icy eyes staring into his.

"Melissa?" He barely whispers but before anyone else can speak, the sound of a monster entering the room can be heard.

The group erupts into chaos, Tony forcing the rest towards the back of the room.

"Get the wrist rocket! Get the wrist rocket now!" Dustin orders.

"Get the rocks! Get the rocks! Get the rocks!"