1.8.3

The Upside Down

Missy

"Guys! Guys he's up! Will's up!" Mike's voice wakes Missy from her position sleeping on Benji's shoulder.

Quickly realising his words, she shoots up to follow the others out of the room and towards Will's.

"Byers!" Mike yells in glee as the group run towards Will - Joyce shouting warnings for the kids to be careful with her son but being ignored totally through their joy.

"You won't believe what happened when you were gone, man." Lucas smiles.

"It was mental."

"You had a funeral."

"Jennifer Hayes was crying." Dustin points out with a smile.

"And Troy peed himself."

"And Missy broke Stacey's nose!" Benji laughs as Will's eyes widen in shock.

"In front of the whole school!"

"And shes part of our party again." Mike smiles over at the brunette girl who sends a soft one back, his words meaning the world.

Overwhelmed slightly, Will's laughs turn to coughs and the group's excitement dials down with worry.

"You okay?"

"It got me." Will states, "The Demogorgon."

"We know," Mike sighs, "It's okay, it's dead. We made a new friend, she stopped it - she saved us. But she's gone now."

Sensing Mike's sadness, Dustin interjects, "Her names Eleven."

"Like the number?"

"Weird isn't it," Missy starts and the boys turn to her sending her looks before she continues, "But she's really cool."

"We call her El for short."

"She's basically a wizard." Dustin comments.

"Yeah, she has real superpowers." Benji adds happily.

"She flipped a van with her mind! And these agents were trying to shoot us-"

"And she squeezed their brains out!"

"It was wicked!" Missy exclaims much to the amusement of Benji.

"And blood was pouring out of their faces."