Chapter twelve

A/N
I am sorry for not updating such a long time. I will try and upload more regularly again now. Thank you for over 2k reads already. I would really like to know if you like the story so far and if you have anything to criticise please tell me.
Now enjoy the new chapter.

Valerias sight
I drive away from Landos house and make my way to my flat. I change into new clothes and pick up my things to drive to the hairdresser, the appointment I mentioned. After I got my ends cut I go back to the car and drive back to home to pick up my bags. I quickly get myself something to eat and start my way to Bristol. One week just photographing the nature and the city and just relaxing. Even tough it isn't a long way normally, today it took about half an hour longer than usual. Many cars on the road and much more blocking my way into the city. When I arrive I'm done with my nerves, I like driving anywhere, I really do, especially long trips, but today it is just too much. At least I am not that tired as the last days, so the falling asleep at Landos and then also sleeping on his chest wasn't so bad. I arrive at my hotel and get my room keys at the reception.

I walk out of my room, after getting comfortable in it, and walk to the nearest park. Always with me, not that impossible to guess, is my camera and my headphones. I turn my music on and get my camera started. It is nothing too special here, but that's not why I'm here. I need to find the special in the not special things. The calendar I'm taking pictures for is also something which is selled very good in my shop, almost every year. It mostly consist out of nature and city pictures but sometimes I also take pictures of people who are giving me good „vibes". Sometimes I take pictures of families, couples or even homeless people. Last year I took a picture of a homeless man with his dog in Manchester, playing the guitar and the dog looking up to him. It is a picture which is still hanging in my shop and many customers are asking me about. I felt a connection to the man so he got half of the money, I got from selling the calendars. I'm still in very good contact with him.

I walk around for about two hours but I couldn't find something very interesting today. Every year I change the city I make my trip to. After I'm back at my hotel room I lay down my camera and get out again to get myself something to eat.

I find a bakery and get myself a croissant and a cup of tea. I walk over to a bench to look at the water and just chill, headphones of course with me. Many people think I'm rude and arrogant for always having my headphones in and listening to music but for me, it's just a way to escape reality and focus on the important things. Before I had Lily at my shop, helping me, I was often overwhelmed with the work I had to do, especially in the first year, so I often closed the shop to just sit there with headphones and music to calm down again. It was my dream I fulfilled but it gave me anxiety and many panic attacks in the first time, even today I still get them. Can't really do anything about it. It's a clear night today and the stars are visible. I wasn't prepared for it but suddenly I see a shooting star right in my view. I've seen too much shooting stars in my life so I somehow gave up wishing on them, it never worked. Today something changed, I place a wish on the shooting star and really pray for it to fulfil.

A few days later it's almost time for me to drive back home and get ready for Spain. In Bristol I take a last walk trough the city and a park and after that I get into my car to drive home. Luckily not that much traffic today and also not so many slow cars in front of me, so I get home after about two hours and a few minutes. I see my dads car in the garage so I'm happy I can see him again before flying to Spain because I haven't told him about it yet.

„Hey dad, you are still alive? Seems like a decade since I last saw you, so I already wondered if you were dead." „Very funny little one. I have a lot of work and you are never home when I'm home so that cancels out the fault." I go up to him and hug him before I say „Well, I will be gone for a week tomorrow, again." „You are what?" „I will be gone for a week?" „It's race week. How can you go then?" „I had to get out of here to finally relax a bit. So I'm sorry for leaving you alone. You will get through it without me, Mum is there as well, so no worries." Dad looks at me offended. „Your Mum is going to watch it with me? But she doesn't know anything about it. Have you already told her?" He pouts and I start laughing. „Dad it's just one race week. Plenty more to come. And nope I didn't told her yet." „Well, are you at least telling me where you are going?" „Don't be mad but I won't stay in England. I am flying to Barcelona tomorrow morning to spend my second week of holidays there." Dad looks at me and a weird look comes up to his face. „Oh, Spain and also Barcelona. Are you sure you want to go there?" „Yes, it is a beautiful city and since I am Spanish I feel the need to visit it at least one time." I say and smile at my dad to reassure him and make it clear that I'm sure about my trip to Barcelona." „Alright, if you feel okay with it, I'm okay with it." We keep talking for a bit before I go upstairs and pack my bags. I know, very early but I need this chaos in my life to have a little control. Sounds weird but it is what it is. In other things I can't be perfectionist enough.