Chapter seventeen

Landos sight

I am totally shocked after she told me her story. I would have never imagined she would have gone through such bad things. I knew something was wrong from the very first moment in the park but that this is the reason that all the other reactions triggers is something which is leaving me speechless. After she ends her story I just hold her and don't say anything. I don't wanna leave her. Today is Monday and we have to leave for Monaco this evening. I think about how I can keep her by my side for a little while longer. Then suddenly it hits me. „Vallie?" I hear her laughing a little bit. „Yes?" „Who is taking care of the shop right now?" „It is closed. Why?" „Only asking. Can you give me the number of Lily please?" „My phone must be here somewhere. I had it with me in a little purse." I nod and gently take my arms away from her to get her purse. „I have it." I sit back down next to her and give the phone to her. „Here there it is. Do you tell me why you need it?" „Maybe later." I quickly type the number into my contacts and put the phones away again. „Are you tired?" I ask her. „I don't know. The sleep I had on your chest was relaxing me more than the scattered hours the last days. So not really." she says and smiles up to me. „What do you think about watching a movie?" She nods and I start the tv. I open my Netflix account and let her choose a movie. She chooses a Christmas movie but I don't complain as long as she is happy. After a little more than half of the movie I can feel how she is breathing evenly and when I look down at her she is sleeping. I gently brush through her hair and get up from the bed. It is currently seven am and an hour ago I sent a message to Lily asking her if she could call me when she is up. I step out on the balcony and take the incoming call. „Hey stranger, how can I help you." I laugh a little „Good morning to you too Lily. I am sorry to disturb you this early in your holiday but I would like to ask you something." I briefly explain her the situation leaving out why Valeria is not feeling well at the moment and ask her „Do you think you could manage to keep the shop working alone for one week? Valeria is needing some time still and I think she doesn't want the shop closed in that time." There's a brief silence before Lily is answering. „I quickly checked our calendar and for the first week there are no important things. No shootings only focusing on the shop. So yes, I think I will be able to keep the shop working for one more week." „Thank you so much. I owe you something when we are back. I will ask Valeria if she is okay with it and then I will send you a message but I don't think she will say something against it." „Of course, I don't think that either. See you." I say my goodbye and go back inside to Valeria. „Hey you were asleep when I left. Go back to sleep." „I have slept enough now. Who were you talking to?" I laugh. Stubborn as always. „I needed to manage some things. What I can tell you is, that you will come with me to Monaco this week and I don't accept any other answer than yes." She looks at me surprised. „I am what?" „You are coming with me to Monaco. The last race of the triple header." „But I can't. The shop needs to open again tomorrow." „Well, that's why I needed the number of Lily. If it is alright with you, she is gonna take care of the shop for this week and after Monaco we will fly back to England and then everything is back to normal. You are just taking one week off more. Lily said there is no important things on your calendar so everything is alright." She sits there with her mouth and eyes opened in shock and ins't saying anything. „Alright, but I don't have that good clothes with me to attend a Monaco GP. Also I don't think this will be a good idea. I will only distract you." „Just like I said I won't accept any other answer than yes. So don't try anything. And for the clothes. My hoodie is looking very good on you to be honest and everything else is no problem. They have shops, to buy clothes, there too." she shakes her head in disbelief but still smiles. „I can't afford buying clothes in Monaco." „Maybe, but I can and before you say anything you are gonna take that as I said it. Everything you will need is gonna be there." her smile gets wider and she gets up and comes up to me to hug me tight.