Chapter nineteen

Landos sight

The weekend was awesome. On one side because Vally is getting better and on the other side because we got a podium. I already noticed that Valeria is really liking the chaos of race weekends and that's something I learned to love about her. She makes the weekends a lot less stressful and I really enjoy her company. We are getting out of the plane and get our bags. „Carlos picked me up when we flew to Portugal. Is it okay if we drive with him to my house and I will bring you to yours then?" She smiles „Of course that's alright. Why wouldn't it?" I nod and we walk out of the airport. „Here we are. Give me your bags and sit in the car already." Carlos says to Valeria when we arrive at his car. She opens the back door and gets in. „You look happier." Is everything Carlos says when she closed the door. „You think?" „Yes and I will stick with my opinion. She is good for you and even when there are problems, they are probably something that can be fixed." I only nod and we put the bags in his car. We arrive at my house and I take out our bags while Carlos and Valeria say their goodbyes. I open my car and put her bags in it. She comes to me and I wave to Carlos. „See you tomorrow mate."

We stand in front of my car and I say „Do you wanna drive?" She looks at me and says „Really? I would love to." She looks very excited and I smile.  „Then go for for it. Here are the keys." I get the keys out of my pocket and hand them to her. Her face lights up even more and she runs to the drivers side. I smile and sit down at the other side. „Well then enjoy your first ride with this beauty." „I promise I will." She says and starts the car.

I must say, she drives very good. Not everybody can directly get along with the technique of this car but she. She just sat down and started driving. „How was the time in Monaco for you?" „I really enjoyed it. It was better than I could have ever expected." She says and smiles. We make a turn and then she stops at a big house. „That's were I am living." „Looks nice. Where do you have your car?" „That's the first thing you think about? Not that I am living in such a big house or if my parents are living here as well." „Oh sorry, your car was the first thing I noticed about you so I wondered where it was." „No problem, my car is in one of the garages at the side of the house." „Ah, okay. Are your parents living here as well?" „Yes they are. They are living in the apartment down here and I am living above them. We share the same house but have our own apartments." „That sounds very cool." I say and we get out of the car. „Do you want to come upstairs for a tea or so?" She asks when I took out her bags. „Yes of course. Never say no to a cup of tea." She laughs and pulls me to the door.

We kept talking for three hours and when it is 4 pm I say „I would love to spend some more time with you but I have to visit Zak in half an hour." „Oh yeah, is it already that late? I wanted to drive to my shop as well." I nod and we get up. In front of the house we stop and I hug her goodbye. „See you soon." She says and walks to the garages. She opens the door and I see her car. It just looks beautiful but not as beautiful as mine. I shout „Your car is beautiful but mine is still better." I hear her laugh before I get in m car.

I stop in front of the headquarters and walk inside. „Hey Charlotte, do you know where Zak is?" „Hey Lando, he should be in his office. He s already waiting for you." I walk to his office and we have a conversation about my time at McLaren and how we want to work together in the future. It is a long conversation but it also is a very friendly and open one. We talk everything out and when we finish I walk to the sim room and test out the track for next week.

2 months later

Since I have seen Valeria the last time, 2 months have gone by. It is the last days of the summer break and I am ready to go to Spa in Belgium for the first race after the summer. I spent the summer break with my family and friends. I wanted to visit Valeria but she was nowhere to be found and I couldn't reach her the whole time. Even when I wanted to visit her in her shop she was never there and Lily also wasn't very talkative. Still summer break was awesome and now I am ready to go racing again.