Chapter Forty-Nine

A/N: Hi kiddos, it's been forever since I have updated first aid, but I am back, this past year has been long, I have been recovering from some health issues and illnesses, I am sorry I have been gone for so long. I still love and am thankful to each one of you kiddos who read this book, you have given me strength during some of my hardest times so thank you. Dark themes are approaching so be warned, and always remember you are loved and are never alone in this world even though it may feel like it. Please contact the suicide hotline 800-273-8255 or a trusted adult if you ever feel suicidal, and remember I will always love each one of you kiddos. 

Black and yellow eyes stared at the white haired girl who seemed to sag on herself, arms tucked closely to her small body as if she wished she could just disappear entirely.

"Vallea," Mina curtly responded, pink fingers curling tightly around her backpack straps as she stared blankly at the healer to be.

Coral lips tugged upwards in a pained smile, her now smudged sneakers tapped across the spotless tile floor, the noise echoed through the empty hallways eerily as a bright flash of lighting illuminated both of them in its ominous glow for a few seconds. "Um right well goodbye." She blurted out, growing tired of keeping up the fake smile, all Vallea wanted to do was go home and lie in her bed for the rest of the day.

Today, like many days since starting at UA, had worn her out, but not in the good accomplished way. Instead it wore at her very being, chipping away until only a husk remained. She felt so heavy, everything seemed to weigh her down nowadays, she wondered if she would ever be free from the suffocating weight. But she was not silly enough to wonder if someone would save her before it was too late, she knew all too well that people like her would always be forgotten.

Mina watched as ivory wisps of locks drifted through the air as Vallea walked past her, she watched how her coral lips flattened and how her peach eyes lost the last remaining spark they had the moment she was no longer facing her.

Quickly her pink hand shot out and grabbed the girl before she could get too far. "Are you alright?" She rushed out, face furrowing into one of concern. Mina felt bad for how things went down, she wanted to make up with her, she truly did but then she got really busy and each day that went by it got harder and harder to bring herself to approach the girl. Mina wasn't blind, she saw how distant Vallea became, how vacant she seemed nowadays vs the bubbly and happy girl she had met at the beginning of the year. "I just-" Mina let out a large sigh, her eyes swam with regret and pain, "I'm sorry, Vallea, for what I did at the sleepover, for reacting the way I did and for ignoring you. I didn't mean it to turn out like this, I just was angry and I did something dumb, I'm sorry." With eyes bubbling with tears she turned to look back at the girl hoping she would be affected by her apology. She was hoping that they could become friends again and everything would go back to the way it used to be. And yet Vallea stared back at her with an empty expression, as if she was completely hollow inside, like her words were nothing more than a meaningless set of words.

"It's alright, have a goodnight Mina." Vallea replied, hand tightly gripping around the glass container that was in her pocket. The iciness of the bottle was the only thing keeping her grounded, if not for that she feared she would drift off into a void of nothingness. She tried to walk again but Mina's hand still firmly gripped her forearm, peach eyes looked down at the extremity in mild annoyance.

"Wait! Wait for just a second please." The pink girl nearly pleaded, with her free hand she ruffled through her bubblegum hair as if searching for the right thing to say. "I-" She winced, hating how the girl's dull peach orbs seemed to just stare at her like she was nothing more than a ghost, a barely wisp of a person. "You don't need to tell me anything, I don't deserve your trust but I do want to earn it back, please what can I do? I miss you, heck the whole class misses you! Please Vallea!" Tears spilled across her pink cheeks in little streams, a wet hiccup coming from within her chest.