Chapter Thirty-One

The semi peaceful morning in the teacher lounge was broken by a flurry of soft chiming and jingles as the faculty's healer in training barged in, already dressed in her elaborate costume. The bells on her wrists and ankles rung and tinkled as she ransacked the lounge with a face of distress. Most of the staff were either sitting on the couches or at the table trying to relax before the festival officially began. It was early in the morning, so early that the sun wasn't even fully up yet, the teachers watched the young girl grow more and more agitated when she couldn't find what she was looking for until she was nearly slamming each drawer and cabinet in a flurry of desperation.

All Might observed the girl in concern as Aizawa just rubbed his temples, too tired to deal with Vallea's tendency to be quite overdramatic. Midnight was busy talking on her phone with some of the Heroes they requested to watch over the festival to make sure no villains attacked to scold the girl for making so much noise. Present Mic was hyping himself listening to music through his headphone, dancing in his seat, occasionally bumping into a disgruntled Aizawa. Vlad, Ectoplasm, Hound dog and Cementoss were already at the fairgrounds getting it ready and secure which meant no one was going to stop the raging beast that was the healer in training.

So All Might cleared his throat loudly trying to gain the girl's attention but the only attention he gained was Aizawa who scowled at the noise. Sheepishly he rubbed the back of his neck and gave the male a small smile in apology. "Young Leto, is there something you're trying to look for?" His booming deep voice startled her out of her frenzy for a split second, her head tilted over towards his huge frame, peach eyes scanning him up and down like a feral fox would do before pouncing and attacking. It was clear to everyone in the room that she was obviously fretting over the festival and turning that worry into agitation.

"Mug." She stated, looking away from him and back into the cabinets, hands grasping and pulling at the end of her braided hair. "Where are the mugs, they're supposed to be in here."

This time it was Aizawa who spoke up, "They're all being used, what do you even need a mug for anyways?" He gruffly questioned, smacking at Yamada when his dancing got too crazy and nearly clipped him in his face.

"Coffee." She itched at her arm, eyes wild.

Her guardian huffed, black eyes narrowing, "No. You don't need coffee, you're fifteen. Plus we're fresh out, no thanks to Midnight." The woman seemed to hear him and quickly flipped him the middle finger as she continued to casually speak over the phone.

Seemingly out of thin air Vallea pulled out a small packet of instant espresso, eyes grim when she realized her only option to get her fill of caffeine was to simply snort it. It was the only way. With her teeth she nibbled and chewed at the plastic exterior, tearing it open after a few seconds of salivating on it. Newspapers and files were swiftly moved out of the way as she dumped the contents out, some fine particles of the dark brown substance billowed in the air creating a tiny cloud of powdered espresso. Lithe fingers pushed and molded the small grains into a uniform line, only wishing she had a credit card of sorts so it was neater but now wasn't the time to complain, not while her fix was close to being satisfied.

All Might watched puzzled, mouth opening and then closing again as he tried to form a sentence at the odd sight and the even more unusual girl. With the technique she was displaying he could have sworn she was a seasoned junkie, not a teen who was getting her caffeine intake in a rather extreme way. "Young Leto what in the world are you doing?"

She barely paused, one finger already pinching close the left nostril and body leaning downwards so her face was nearly pressed against the table. "Snorting the coffee." She stated, like it was the most obvious thing as Aizawa growled, standing up, ready to stop the immature teen.