Chapter Eight

Birds sung quietly outside, hopping from blooming tree to tree, golden streams of sunlight leaked through the lattice windows of the library, the sunlight dancing across the large oak table where a girl's head was laid across. Eyes shut, face relaxed as soft breaths escape her, nose twitching faintly at something she was dreaming. White hair sprawled around covering the large mass of open books and notebooks stained with blue scribbles. Twinkling orbs of dust floated in the air, shining in the morning rays like crystals. A figure approached the peacefully sleeping girl, small frown covering their face, bony hand harshly slamming against the table, startling the girl awake with a shock. Head snapping up as peach eyes blinked rapidly, trying to regain their senses and memories.

"Miss Leto-San, how many times have I told you not to drool in the school's books? I think this will be the twelve time I have caught you sleeping in here, surely your parents miss you." The school's librarian, Chiji Hanta, scolded Vallea as she wearily rubbed at her eyes, groaning at the crink in her neck. "I honestly see you here more days than not, you're going to get sick if you keep doing this young lady."

"Sorry Hanta-Sensei." Hanta sighed at her empty apology and shook her head, golden curls swaying along with her large dangling emerald earrings. The older woman knowing in two days or less she would find the teen back here again, asleep with a cluster of homework and books surrounding her.

"Well it's no matter now, just hurry up and clean up, you have thirty minutes before the first bell goes off." She ordered walking away, now used their odd little morning ritual.

"Thank you, Hanta-Sensei!" Vallea scurried around, shoving all the books she had used last night back in place and notebooks back into her backpack. Thirty minutes meant she could take a quick shower in the locker rooms and steal some breakfast from the teachers lounge before going up into the infirmary. "Bye, Hanta-Sensei!" She shouted running out of the library, the locker rooms were across the campus in the main building which was a five minute walk, but if she ran it was only three minutes tops, which meant more shower time for Vallea.

"Bye Leto-san. And would you stop running on campus! You're going to get-" Hanta stopped her rant with an annoyed huff when she realized the girl was long gone, "Stupid kids, why did I ever accept this job."

One of the joys of attending a prestigious high school was the decked out locker rooms, they were always clean and sanitary. The showers always had hot water and the soaps were just as luxuries as the school, Vallea felt fancy everytime she used their peach and apricot scented soaps. The locker room was thick with fog the moment she stepped out of the shower, skin red and sparkling clean, white wet hair clinging to her back as she re-dressed and brushed her teeth.

After deeming she looked presentable enough she sneaked into the teachers lounge with only one thought on her mind, and that was food, finding food, eating and then digesting the food. She ignored Aizawa-Sensei who sat drinking his coffee and grading some assignments at the round table, feeling still sour at the man. He did not seem to care about the girl's silent treatment, just giving her a side eye glance before going back to grading. Gremlin brain had taken over, hands dug through the room's drawers and cabinets growing more and more frustrated at the lack of finding anything remotely edible. Teeth biting at her lip as she stared blankly into one of the drawers that held nothing but napkins and sugar packets, eyes narrowing into slits as her stomach growled and grumbled, pain shooting through her abdomen at the lack of substance. Yesterday had been a bad food day, she had only eaten the muffin Dabi had given her and now her body was making her regret her choices. With the flip of her wrist the drawer slammed shut loudly with bang, Aizawa wincing at the sudden noise, eyes twitching as he turned to face the sulking girl.

"If you're gonna be in here then be quiet." He chided, staring her down as she ambled over to the table and flopped down in front of him, face laying against the hard and cold surface.