Chapter Forty-One

A/N: Kiddos this one was a wild ride even for me, so buckle in and prepare to get some whiplash, like I said there is a reason and plot behind this madness, I promise. I hope you all are doing well, much love.

Endeavor's home office was a lot smaller than his office at the agency but still large enough that Vallea felt uncomfortable and tiny in the room. Rich and dark tones decorated the office space, most items such as the chairs, desk and shelving were all made from lavish mahogany wood. No sentimental items were placed anywhere on his desk, just stacks of paper and files, no pictures were hung on the wall just his hero awards. If there was one thing she noticed about the man was that he didn't seem to care that deeply for most things, but he was passionate about power and success, one of the main reasons why she was even ordered to come to the office in the first place.

She sat stiffly in one of the chairs in front of his desk where he stood, instead of sitting, probably just trying to intimidate her even more and let his dominance be known. It was stupid tactic but it did work she did have to admit. Her bare feet kicked back and forth, teeth chewing at her inner cheek nerves eating away at her the longer they just sat in silence. Her peach eyes flashed over to the clock that was placed on the right wall, watching as the second hand just ticked away. It was nearing Eleven o'clock, she didn't have all night to just sit in awkward silence, she needed to sleep so she sighed, rubbing a hand through her hair. "What did you need to talk about? I would like to head to bed sooner than later." She was curt, tone tinged slightly with bitterness, still angry at him for his actions earlier in the day. She was never too fond of people after they tried to kill her, she was weird like that. Granted he didn't actually kill her, just managed to make her pass out but the thing that upset her the most was his overall disregard of the rules and boundaries that she had set before the spar even started, the ones he had agreed to. Endeavor moved to finally sit at his desk, fingers steepling together as he gazed down at her form.

"You are an interesting girl, Vallea Leto." He stated casually leaning back in the leather chair, "So very interesting that you almost seem normal and boring when you get a first glance."

She didn't know what he was getting at but nonetheless she was displeased by the small talk. "And your point? I feel flattered that you think that but surely there was something more important to tell me than just that."

He ignored her statement and continued like she never even said anything to begin with. "I like to know each person that stays at my house beforehand, to know whether or not they are a threat to my family. And you Vallea Leto seemed so pristine when it came to your records." Peach eyes narrowed, body stiffening at his words.

"What records?" She asked sharply.

"Just general school and medical records." He announced so casually that it made her blood boil but also made her stomach drop. Those records were supposed to be confidential, never seen or shared to anyone outside of the staff.

"How? Those aren't supposed to be shared, that's against the law." She barked, nails digging into her palms as she glared at the man who looked indifferent to the whole thing.

"It's surprising how many people, companies and schools are willing to break the law just for a small amount of money." With a click he opened up a drawer on his desk and fished out a large stack of files, some of them were yellowed with remnants of dust still lingering on the outer file while others looked new, unmarred by dust or time itself. Roughly he threw them onto the desktop, holding eye contact the whole time. "You were a good student, an excellent one at that, always managing to ace all your classes and being at the top of your grade. You even managed to collect quite a few awards for spelling bees and science fairs, you were well rounded and well liked by your teachers. But you had issues with kids your age," He riffled through one of the older looking files to pull out a yellowed detention card with small coffee splatters staining it. "At age seven you managed to get your first detention because you cursed at one of your classmates. A couple months later you got another detention for tripping a girl in an older grade during recess. After that your teachers started sending notes back to your family expressing concern over your sudden mood change, worried that something had happened. That was the year your grandmother was diagnosed with cancer, correct?"