Chapter Five

Monday came too quickly, the weekend flying by in the blink of an eye and with that came waking up at the crack of dawn, getting ready in the warm hues of the sunrise as Vallea's body shook with nerves. White locks were pulled into duel space buns with a couple stray pieces framing her face. Chapstick, deodorant and perfume were all put on at once when she noticed the time, face scrunching up as she missed her lips instead she got a mouthful of waxy mango chapstick.

Her school uniform thankfully fit her and didn't restrict her movement but still clung nicely to her figure so it wouldn't get in the way when she was treating someone. She hated to admit but she did like the uniform but she still didn't like how she would be the only in the whole school wearing it. The girl swiped up her pink angel winged backpack and flew down the stairs, jumping a few steps in her hurry.

"Vallea could you be any louder, you sound like an angry elephant trampling down those stairs." Her mother complained, nursing a cup of coffee as her mom ate a bowl of oatmeal not paying attention to either.

"Sorry." She zoomed past them and the kitchen pulling her shoes on not even wasting time arguing with her mother. "I gotta go bye love you guys!"

"Have a good day honey."

"Don't get in trouble."

The train was busy but not as hectic as New York's subways so Vallea couldn't complain all that much. The morning was chilly and frost stuck to the ground and plants, puffs of air could be seen escaping the girl's mouth as she walked to the school's entrance. UA was...big, the buildings could compare with skyscrapers and the campus was vast with bright green trees and training arenas. Suddenly the teen felt even more intimidated than before, a month ago she had been planning on going to a small high school in the rural part of New York, now she was here in front of one of the most recognized and prestigious schools for heroes. Only the best of the best came here, yet here she stood, the complete opposite. "Why am I here?" She whispered to herself, the feeling of an existential crisis bubbling to the surface. Hands gripping the straps of her backpack so tightly that her knuckles were white. 'No I'm here because the principal wanted me here, UA will help me become a better healer and jumpstart my career. Stop freaking out, you'll be okay...I hope.'

With a big breath Vallea stepped foot into the school's campus, peach eyes almost froggish looking as she tried her best to keep her nerves at bay.

Nezu was waiting at the doorway of the main building with a small smile, "I'm so glad to see you again Leto-san, I hope the move here was enjoyable." The girl couldn't help but smile back at the small creature, his hospitable attitude soothing some of her worries.

"Nezu-sensei it's a pleasure to see you again as always, my move was wonderful thank you for asking." She bowed as he snickered behind his hand at her tense attitude and mannerism.

"No need to be so formal when it's just the two of us."

"Right sorry." She grinned awkwardly, "It's all just a little new." She waved her arms about to empathize what she meant.

"I can imagine but you have nothing to worry about, all of the staff know of your quirk and circumstance, they're all quite excited to meet you if I'm being honest." Nezu stated, waving the girl forward so they could enter the building, she followed after quickly.

"Thank you, but um why would they be excited to meet me if you don't mind me asking of course." Vallea was confused, it was as clear as day even on her face, she was just a student that would be helping out healing, nothing to be excited about.

"Leto-san you have so little faith in yourself, they're excited to meet you because you were hand selected by me to work and learn beneath Recovery girl. Not only that but you will also be interning at the University of Tokyo Hospital, you have an incredible quirk that could save countless lives, anyone would be excited to meet someone like you."