Chapter Twenty-One

"No way." The girl looked back, standing on top of the stone barrier that sat in between the playground and the rest of the park. Her arms were stretched out as if she was walking on a balancing beam, feet gingerly skipping and traipsing across the ledge.

"Yes, way." She argued back at the male who stood below her, careful watching her dance around.

Cyan eyes narrowed, a charred lip lifting in disbelief. "No that's literally humanly impossible."

"Well it literally happened to me so I don't know what to tell you." Vallea swung around, stumbling as her feet tried to find purchase on the small wall. Her arms crossed over her chest as she stared down at the male, finally taller than him.

"But you died."

"Yes and then I came back, honestly I don't know what you aren't getting." She swatted at the small bug that buzzed around here, not loving how it kept trying to fly into her eyes.

"Doll, there isn't anything to get, all of this sounds like some type of miracle crap a cult would spew." Dabi pointed out as she groaned, throwing her head back.

"I know, trust me I know, but it happened, if you don't want to believe me then fine, I didn't come here to convince you to believe me, I only came here to tell you what happened."

"So you're telling me this creature-"

"Yes snapped my neck like a freaking kitkat bar and then I met God, by the way she's a little strange and kinda mean." She cut the male of nonchalantly going over her death again, making sure to shove the emotions regarding that event deep, deep down.

"She? You know what that doesn't matter, I am just going to ignore the whole god thing." He rubbed at his face, trying his hardest to make sense of what the girl was telling him but it sounded too crazy, too unrealistic. "So you came back and what?"

"Well I vomited out a whole bunch of blood and then promptly slipped into a coma. When I woke up I was at the hospital where I was held for a week as they monitored me and my quirk. Which by the way is totally messed up now, I guess it has something to do with dying and fatal injuries happening all of sudden-"

"Wait. I thought the attack at UA was the only thing that happened, are you telling me there is more?" Dabi asked sternly, displeased at what she was hinting at.

"No." Vallea chuckled nervously not liking how his eyes became slits and his nostrils flared. "Totally not."

"Vallea." He barked, "Stop lying, you're a terrible liar."

"Okay fine, I may or not may have been attacked today too, but it's fine, I'm fine." The teen shot back, shoulders slumping, trying to convince him as much as she was trying to convince herself that it was fine. Unfortunately he did not look convinced in the slightest.

"What the hell is wrong with your definition of 'fine', how is getting attacked only a week after dying is fine to you?"

"I'm still alive, that's my definition of 'fine'." She finger gunned the male who looked unamused by her carefree facade.

"For fuck's sake." He grunted, "You're way too much trouble, doll."

Vallea shrugged, nonplussed. "I've been hearing that a lot lately." Her sneakers scrapped against the stone, as she twirled, white locks fluttering and swaying with movements. "But it's not like I'm choosing this to happen, trust me if I could avoid all of this, I would within a heartbeat."

"But life isn't like that."

"Exactly! So I'll just have to wade through all this with a smile on my face like All Might."