Chapter Twelve

Vallea stretched trailing after Aizawa as number thirteen led the group of the students who were all eagerly listening into USJ, her peach eyes lazily stared at the scruffy teacher, tongue pressed against her cheek. Aizawa must have sensed the girl was holding something back because he let out a loud sigh and turned towards her.

"If you got something to say, just say it." He grunted, a hand pushing through his unruly black locks, black eyes peering down at her. The girl sucked some air in before shrugging, arms crossed tightly against her chest, her own eyes trailing around the giant building that reminded everyone of an amusement park of some sort. She could smell the strong scent of thick smoke, chlorinated water, a heavy musk of earthy mud, and a pungent aroma of sulfur.

"I don't want to say anything but I will because one of your fellow teachers betrayed my trust. I have authority, just like you do, if I tell you to shut down something, please listen to me. I only have the student's safety in mind, I can promise you I won't bother you or your students until I think something may cause permanent harm." Vallea aired, legs crossing as she leaned against the railing, thirteen still happily chattering to the class.

The older male grunted in...approval? "Good." That was all he said, leaving much to be desired but the girl accepted it and turned her attention to looking at all the disaster zones. It was a cool building, filled with every natural disaster you could think of. She couldn't even imagine how much the construction must have cost UA, but one thing the school did well was making everything extravagant, even when it wasn't needed. Vallea turned around, back facing the class, upper body leaning against the railing, trying to get a better glance at the strange dark mass that began to form near the fountain.

"Hey Aizawa..." She called out, eyebrows raising at the sight of the purple mass growing and swirling, the lights shutting off with a shudder, fountain gurgling to a halt. From the dark shadowy mist emerged an oddly familiar looking person, their pale blue hair and a detachable hand covering their face. And after them came a horde of at least hundred strange and villainous individuals. Next to the first man stood a creature unlike Vallea had ever seen, her stomach dropped and bile threatened to escape her throat at it's brain that was on display. The pink mass of muscle and fat, jiggling like a sick sort of jello anytime it moved. It's body was unnaturally large, with bulging muscles and thick scars. It had no human characteristics.

"Thirteen, protect the kids!" Aizawa ordered as the students looked on in confusion, not realizing that this was real, that these were real villains sent here to hurt them. The teacher pulled his yellow goggles over his eyes, "Stay back, this isn't part of the lesson. Those are real villains." The whole class gasped, fear surrounding them as they looked down at the horde of villains. Vallea was slowly processing what was happening, a hand tugged her back from the railing and into the middle of the class. She looked up to see a boy she never talked to before holding her hand firmly, placing her behind him. He smiled back at her even though she could see worry swimming in his eyes. His smile was goofy and wide as if trying to convey that everything was fine, she vaguely remembered his name was Sero from the All Might's class yesterday. She appreciated the gesture but she still had a job to do. She was a healer and they were just students in the hero course, they weren't heroes, at least not yet.

"Kaminari try using your quirk to contact the school." Aizawa ordered, making sure all the students stayed back.

"Yes Sir."

"What are you gonna do? You can't fight them on your own, there are too many of them." Cried Izuku, "Even if you can nullify their quirks, your fighting style isn't suited for this, your power works best on one on one fighting, that's not gonna help with a group. " His emerald eyes shook with concern for his teacher, remembering everything he wrote in his hero analysis notebook about Eraserhead's quirk.