Chapter Fifty-Two

A/N: Heya Kiddos, I apologize for taking so long with this chapter, just a warning there will be some blood and gore in this chapter so please don't read it if you are sensitive to it. I hope you kiddos enjoy this chapter, shit is going to hit the fan so hold on. Things are going to happen very quickly after this, as always thank you for reading this and your comments give me motivation to continue writing, so please comment if you have time. I love you all, stay hydrated and eat something please ❤

The balmy sun beat down on Vallea as she walked down a familiar street, discolored sneakers smacking against the nearly molten blacktop, bunny headphones firmly pressed against her ears, fingers nervously tapping along to the high energy music against the straps of her heavy backpack. Beads of sweat dripped down her back at the sweltering summer heat, cheeks flushed a brilliant red, not even the breeze helped to cool down the humid heat, each step she took felt like five in the thick and stifling air. The strands of ivory hair that framed her face became sticky with sweat and plastered themselves to her skin and no matter how many times she had tried to sweep them away they always came back within seconds.

Stray cats and dogs found shelter from the heat beneath the shade of trees and underneath parked cars, panting, trying their best to ride out the heat wave. Kids of all ages littered the lawns as their parents pulled out the sprinklers and mini pools. The sound of gleeful laughter and giggles filled the air as they splashed around in the icy water, uncaring as the water trickled down the sidewalks in muddy puddles that small birds would bathe in.

Luckily no one seemed to recognize the healer to be or care as she approached her old abandoned home. The ill maintained house stuck out like a sore thumb amongst the neat and lush lawns and homes in the neighborhood. Overgrown with thorny thistles and a vast amount of knotweed, the weeds crowded the lawn, shrouding and killing any grass.

Her head tilted to the side as she stared at the house that once housed her family for a short amount of time, distant memories of the past replayed, peach eyes tracking the ghost-like scenes in front of her. Faint laughter and conversations of the past echoed through her ears as she wandered up the walkway, feet kicking away the weeds that clasped and wound themselves around her ankles as if they were trying to hold her back from entering.

Fingertips brushing against the rough and cool bricking of the house as she climbed up the stairs of the main entrance, nose wrinkling up at the pile of wet newspaper and mail that laid against the tan doormat, a colorful arrangement of mold and spores thriving and growing from them."Gross."

Vallea dug into her pocket of her shorts, swiftly pulling out her pom-pom keychain with four silver keys that gleamed in the sun. One key to her house, one key to Dabi's apartment, one key to Hizashi's and Shota's apartment, and one key to UA's infirmary and med cabinet. Side stepping the moldy mail pile she unlocked the front door, swinging open the door and entering, ignoring the large red foreclosure sign that had been taped to the door.

The overwhelming scent of mildew and rotting food was the first thing that greeted her once inside, nearly making her gag as she held her breath and quickly ambling over to the nearest window and prying it open in the hopes of airing out the scent. "Gross. So gross, why is everything so gross." She shuddered while removing her backpack and placing it near the entryway, peering at the few spare sets of shoes or more importantly the slippers that her mothers once wore around the house that had been left behind, just like her.

Sneakered feet abruptly kicked the violet and sapphire slippers, sending them flying through the air before they hit the wall and clattered to the floor with a dull thunk. Ivory eyebrows knitted together as she walked away with an irritated huff, sparkling shards of glass crunching beneath her shoes, hand itching at her damp scalp as she yawned loudly.