Chapter Fifty Four

I hope you are all ready for this! I love you kiddos and hope you are staying healthy, remember to eat and drink something today. As always your comments help keep me motivated, so please comment if you have time. Thank you all for your love and support.

A body curled in on itself sat atop of a small and cheap cot, the flimsy metal frame flush against the cement block wall that encased the room. Soft colorful blankets patterned with cartoon animals happened to be the only color within the compact cellar that had been made into a makeshift room before Vallea's unfortunate arrival.

The room was barren except for the small cot that acted as her bed and the small TV in the upper corner of the wall that constantly played the news. At first she was unsure why they would put a TV in her cell but as the hours passed by she slowly realized why the news played and why the TV was just out of her reach.

Three days had gone by since Vallea's kidnapping and death, three days since she had contacted anyone, and yet no one reported her missing. The TV acted as a reminder that no one cares or even notices her disappearance, that the heroes meant to look after her didn't even care enough to call or text her, something that might have clued them in to her sudden disappearance. But there was nothing.

The bar above her was quiet, silent, something that was unusual during her last three days stuck in the hideout. Normally she could hear the members rowby conversations or the creaking and groaning of the floorboards as they moved around but there was nothing but the hushed murmur of her TV. It had been that way for the past couple hours, everyone seemingly leaving the hideout until it was just herself left alone in the dingy cellar.

She wrapped the pastel pink blanket decorated in cute bunnies around herself tighter, burying her face into the fleecy material, the overly sweet perfume Toga wore wafting from the fabric and surrounding her. A small terrible part of her missing the girl who had constantly kept her company for the past three days, all the warm blankets had been a gift from her. Toga called them her apology blankets for killing her. An apology she didn't accept until her own company and suffocating emotions became too much and she started to talk with the girl who popped her head into the room every few hours.

Vallea learned that Toga wasn't horrible if you simply looked past the whole bloodthirsty thing and bad stabbing habit, she always showed an odd amount of concern and affection for her. Genuinely caring and listening anytime she talked and showed an interest in not only getting to know her but also to become 'best of friends' as she claimed. Toga started to act as a spokesperson for the healer's needs, going so far to steal Shigaraki's nintendo switch when she expressed that she was becoming bored and stir crazy.

As much as Vallea hated to admit it but the League of Villains weren't treating her horribly as she once expected, she got three meals a day along with whatever snacks and treats Toga smuggled into her room. She was allowed to use the bathroom and to even bathe, of course it helped that the bathroom didn't have any windows she could escape from. Toga and Mange helped to get her new clothes and other basic toiletries, all the members she had met treated her kindly, of course she was unaware that Toga, Shigaraki and Dabi had threatened all members a very bloody and violent death if they even laid a finger on her.

A part of her wished they would mistreat her for the sake of her sanity, everything was blurring, the morals and values she had held on so tightly were slipping through her fingers. Leaving Vallea to grasp at the bare air in distress, it was like she had been blinded, she couldn't see or understand anything anymore. She was stumbling around trying to make sense in a senseless world, the people who had murdered her not once but twice were starting to look strange in the new light. Their kindness leaking through the cracks of her psyche like poison, rotting and corroding away through her once rocksolid principles that had been previously damaged by none other than the heroes that they were fighting against.