Chapter Thirty-Four

Grey stormy clouds swarmed the sky as thunder rung out in the distance, droplets of rain pattered across many windows spread across Hawk's house, they streaked down, becoming rivulets as the rain picked up speed. Vallea watched the droplets as she gobbled down a slice of cold pizza from the night before, peach eyes tracking the movements intently, fully focused on watching the rain whilst chewing the rather bland piece of mushroom and cheese pizza.

"You know chicklet I do have a TV, and a gaming system you could be watching instead of whatever that is." Hawks commented as he strode past her spot on the breakfast nook retrieving some more coffee, itching at his blonde locks as he yawned. Shaking off his sleepiness as he poured himself some more steaming hot brown bean juice, swiping a piece of pizza from the girl's plate as he walked back into the living room where he was watching the news. Quickly biting and chewing at the cold fake Italian food before chugging down a sip of coffee, face scrunching and twisting one of utter disgust. "Shit! That taste fucking awful, kid as a warning don't drink coffee at the same time you're eating old pizza."

She muffled her chuckles and wiped her mouth off, getting up to throw the rest of the crust away. "Noted, I will be sure to remember that." Her bare feet padded across the frigid mahogany floors, clad in oversized sweats she stole from Hawks, getting tired of bringing a bag back and forth all the time. The male had volunteered to buy her some clothes she could just have here but she vetoed that idea not wanting anyone to spend anymore money on her. Of course he didn't listen and brought her a whole wardrobe of clothes to choose from, all from the best designers much to her horror. But she still wore his sweats to bed every night she was at his house, finding comfort in his scent in the midnights she woke up from night terrors plaguing her unconscious mind.

Vallea would bet that some articles within the wardrobe probably cost more than her parents used to make. She felt awful that he had spent all this unneeded money on her when she was just a pain in the rump that just pestered him on his days off and ate all of his food. She couldn't even begin to grasp that someone would actually like to spend money on her, let alone fully enjoy her company so Hawks' words of reassurances only furthered to confuse her. If she was being honest she believed that the blonde was just doing all this because he felt obliged which couldn't be further from the truth but that didn't help her doubts and insecurities that screamed at her that she was just a burden to everyone she came across.

She would admit that Hawks did have some style and really did know her, each article of clothing was somehow inspired by bunnies or pastel. They were all beautifully crafted and adorable looking, she really did like them and was thankful for the items even if she did believe that she was just an annoying leech that sucked everyone's kindness dry until they had nothing more to give. That's what she did to her parents, that's why they haven't responded to any of her messages, they probably just had enough of parasitic ways and decided jumping the ship was the best option. Not that she could blame them, she was a terrible person, not a monster but close after what she did to poor Dabi who was just trying to help her. She still has yet to call him, afraid what he may say or do, the thing she was most afraid of was him acting normal like she had done nothing wrong. That she hadn't maimed him and gone off the handle bars that night, she needed him to yell at her, tell her how terrible she was for doing such a thing. She knew wanting him to verbal abuse her was a sign of self punishment but it needed to be done. She had done something horrible, something that couldn't be forgiven. She harmed someone, let alone one of her closest friends, what type of person does that? Not anyone that has a good heart that's for sure.

"Scootch over. You and your wings are hogging the couch." Vallea muttered gently pushing at his wings that flapped in annoyance at her actions. Hawks grunted, golden eyes closely watching the news report about some villain named the Hero killer and a hero named Ingenium, she huffed when he didn't move deciding it was time to take a shower instead of watching TV with the couch hog. Before she could fully get out of the room her phone dinged loudly, her eyebrows furrowed together as she pulled out the pink cased phone, reading the text message she retrieved.