Chapter Four

The next week finally came and Wang Yibo and his family travelled to the village for the burial. They left five days before the burial to make other arrangements in the village as well. Ever since they came back, Jiyang has been making a fuss about it, complaining about the mosquito bites and other things he found irritating. He refused to go outside just like their parents had suggested for them to go out and meet with the villagers and mingle with them. He found it absurd and disgusting for a city princess-like him to be found among the villagers and talk more of playing with them.

"I will do no such thing, father." He had protested, "This village is irritating and will be my death if nothing is done about this!" He had screamed, scratching his body and was making an irritated face. "Look at my precious body, all bitten by these village mosquitoes that had no respect for a city's hottest boy like me." He snapped and turned to his brother. 

"Ge, I think I'm going crazy! Look at me, look at my beautiful face. My guys in the city won't recognize me if this continues! When is this burial going to commence so we can leave already!" He stomped his foot on the floor and with how dramatic and pathetic he looked with the face lotion he applied, the maids and servants that were cleaning the whole house were gossiping and laughing among each other watching the princess being dramatic.

Wang Yibo, who had been sitting down and was looking at him and listening to his fusses, rolled his eyes at that and didn't even know what to say to him. "It's obvious you're just overreacting because there's nothing wrong with your face. Stop exaggerating and making a fool out of yourself. I lived in this village for two years and nothing as such your complaining happened to me." Wang Yibo remarked, shaking his head.

"People have been living here all their lives and even still living until and they're not dead yet. Many are farmers, fishermen, traders and so on and they all have children that lived here with them and they are all still alive. What makes you think that you, who just came here yesterday, that something will happen to you? It's just mosquitoes, kill them with pesticide and stop being drama queens over nothing." Wang Yibo nonchalantly said to him and continued looking at the burial catalogue he was looking at.

Jiyang raged and glared at his brother. "Is that all you have to say to me? Your beautiful brother just complained about his glowing skin being eaten by those monsters called mosquitoes and this all you got to say to me?" Jiyang started crying, making Wang Yibo sigh in dejection. "You're very wicked! I hate this place! I can't believe you survive here for two whole fucking years and still live to tell the story."

He said and covered his mouth when their father glared at him for using cursed words before him. "I'm not like those people you were mentioning. They were born and brought up here and have been living here all their lives, but me, I've been in our mansion all my life only to come here when necessary but this time, these mosquitoes all targeted me and ate me up! I just want to die!"

"Aiyya, you don't have to cry because of mosquitoes. Alright fine, come and let's go and get rid of those pests, how dare they eat my brother?" Wang Yibo sarcastically said and rolled his eyes at his own words and started taking the crying Jiyang up to his room to get rid of the said mosquitoes. 

Once he made sure he had calmed down, he said, "You see, I've killed them all and they won't disturb you tonight. Now, dress up and let us tour around this village. There are places I missed and would want to visit again."

"Just say you want to go and see that boy." Jiyang grinned at his brother who was flushed in embarrassment. "Aiyya, brother, you're blushing. I wonder who this boy you had been talking about and that made you like this? He must be beautiful, but not more than me, right?" He raised a knowing brow and was smirking, waiting for his brother to say something.