Chapter Seven

Days ago...

Xiao Zhan and Wang Yibo these days had been spending time together and Xiao Zhan had been very helpful to Wang Yibo concerning the burial arrangements that head imposed on him by his father to handle. The burial arrangements weren't entirely dumped on him but some part of it was given to him to handle since he was the eldest among their children. 

They can't trust Jiyang when it comes to those things since, according to him, it wasn't the type of occasion he likes coordinating. If it were to be birthday parties, wedding organization and so on, anything that doesn't have to do with tears, of course, Jiyang takes first in organizing such parties, especially birthday or dinner parties, those were his specialty and will gladly organize them without being informed. 

Wang Yibo knows that some other important things had taken away his time and are no longer seen at home since he was busy stalking and throwing himself on the village man he met some few days ago and Wang Yibo knows since he had caught him several times stalking the young man.

Xiao Zhan had also been introduced to Wang Yibo's parents by Wang Yibo as his friend which they accepted him and even Mrs. Wang had grown fond of Xiao Zhan and wanted him to be more than just a friend to her son. The first day he came with Wang Yibo, Mrs. Wang was stunned on seeing such a beautiful man her son said was his friend. 

"I never knew my son had eyes on good things." She had said, obviously teasing. "He can be more than what you just introduced him as to us you know." She winked at her son who was flushed at her spoken words.

"Mother, you're embarrassing me." Wang Yibo had said, trying to act all innocent like he doesn't like what his mother was hinting at him. "We're very good friends back in the days when I came to live with Grandma. I happened to come across him and we reunited again." He had said, consciously, not wanting to make Xiao Zhan feel uncomfortable that his mother was already doing.

"Then, it must be destiny. Zhan dear, don't you think so?" Mrs. Wang regarded that question to Zhan who opened his mouth to say something but he couldn't find his tongue. "I mean, don't you like this your friend? Sorry, let me ask, are you single or married?" She asked so directly, making Xiao Zhan and Wang Yibo choked and looked at each other and averted their gazes to hide their blushes. "You see you two like each other more than friends. You can agree with me, honey." She regarded this to her husband who made a face.

"Can you please stop embarrassing your son's guest with your insinuations? Stop interrogating them, they might not think like that about each other."

"But I do." Wang Yibo blurted making Xiao Zhan choke with his saliva. "I mean, I like him but I don't know if he does the same with me, but I like him and have been thinking about him." Wang Yibo said, eyes peering into Xiao Zhan who was giving the; 'ever so direct' look but blushed when he noticed how Mrs. Wang was grinning at him.

"You see, I know they're meant to be and were ordained to be with each other. Zhan is single and our son is single and he likes him. Now it is left for you Zhan, do you like my son?" She asked, and everyone now looked at Xiao Zhan who gaped at the direct question thrown at him. He wasn't expecting this and he can't deny, since the few days he had been spending with Wang Yibo who kept coming to visit him that he had fallen for him but there was still Hoa Xuan, and although his feelings for him had greatly ebbed, he still needs some more time to process things before making any commitments.

He had also noticed how loving and caring Wang Yibo was to him, how he came to visit regularly to his house and his mother had also grown so fond of him and had constantly asked him if the young man had made any advances towards him which he said no but he knows Wang Yibo ha fallen for him and had wanted more than to be friends with him even way back then before they parted ways. Xiao Zhan knew Wang Yibo liked him, no, love him even before now but he wants to make sure he loves him and not because he just wants to get married and be like his mates.