Chapter Sixteen

A commotion ensued as people started screaming from different parts of the compound. A few people got into their cars and gave chase to the space bus but sadly, it was long gone and there was nothing they could do about it. 

"Who could be responsible for this? Who took my son?" Mrs. Xiao cried out and many women gathered and started consoling her. An occasion that was supposed to bring numerous joy to everyone turned out to be an occasion of tears. 

"Who have I offended? What has my son done wrong to deserve this on his wedding day? Where have they taken him to? Who could they be? Are they going to kill him? Hey! Where's my son? Someone call my son-in-law and let him know about this incident!" She wailed and an immediate call was sent out.

However, Wang Yibo was with his father and they were discussing what today will look like. "Father, so after today, I'll become like you, married and will soon be called a father. I'm so happy. I sometimes feel like it was just a dream. Who could've thought a boy I've always been in love with will later turn out to become my wife. I'm so happy that I can't find words to use in expressing and describing how happy I am right now." Wang Yibo said to his father who was listening with a smile that indicates how happy and proud he is on his face.

Mr. Wang smiled and nodded to his words. "I understand what you mean, son. You know, when I was your age and was planning to marry your mother, I once had this kind of thoughts and happiness you're having now and I'm happy you found your better half here in our country and not just that but in our village. I am so happy and proud of you, son. I wish you the very best and everything good that marriage has to offer. They say; he who finds a wife obtains favour from the Lord. Congratulations, son." 

Wang Yibo smiled, holding back his tears on hearing his father's words. "Thank you, Dad."

"You're welcome. Now let's go upstairs and let's get ready. We can't keep our in-laws waiting." Mr. Wang gestured and they both stood up.

"I thought I'll meet you two while you are still discussing this. Don't you know time is no longer by our sides? We should hurry up." Mrs. Wang's voice resonated from upstairs. She waited for them to climb up and once they did, she embraced her son and smiled on pulling out, "Son, I am so happy that today, you're going to do exactly what your father did. We're going to go out there and will be coming back with my son-in-law who will be giving us our very first grandchild soon. I am so happy. I don't think you know how I feel right now. Thank you, son, and may God bless you and your wife. Congratulations."

"Both of you are making me cry." Wang Yibo pouted and embraced his mother again. "Stop making me feel like the bride here."

"Aww, I wish I'm the one getting married instead." Jiyang also joined their mother to embrace his brother. "I'm happy for you Ge'. So after today, I'll be sharing my Ge's love with someone else. I'm so jealous." Jiyang pouted as well, making Wang Yibo chuckle and pinched his nose.

"Don't worry, you'll always have your Ge to yourself. I'm getting married and not running away. So let's go and prepare and go and get my wife." Wang Yibo happily said, making his family laugh at him and can't believe he can be this happy. They just pray he will continue being happy even when he starts living with his wife. They can see Xiao Zhan brought joy and happiness to him and they're happy about that.

"Enough of the teasing, let's go and prepare...." Mrs. Wang said and they all started heading towards their rooms but halted when Wang Yibo's phone started ringing, making them stop and look back at him on seeing his facial expressions. "Son, what is it? Why is your face like that? Who is calling you?" Mrs. Wang asked.