Chapter Nine

A few weeks ago.....

After the courteous visitation to Hoa Xuan's house, Xiao Zhan was patiently waiting for Wang Yibo's arrival and can't wait to have him come so he could finally profess his love to him and tell him how much he can't wait to be called his husband, wife, whatever he wants him to become for him. Xiao Zhan had a secret he hadn't shared with anyone before and not even Wang Yibo himself. 

Years ago when Wang Yibo came to live with his grandmother and became friends with him, Xiao Zhan fell in love with him and was waiting for Wang Yibo to confess to him since he also saw the way Wang Yibo was always looking at him with eyes filled with love and compassion.

Xiao Zhan knew there was something more than the way Wang Yibo had always looked at him and the way he talked to him. He was caring, loving and was very kind to him more than he does with everyone in their class. The very first Wang Yibo was enrolled in their school and was brought inside their class for formal introduction, the very first time Xiao Zhan laid his eyes on him was the day Xiao Zhan fell in love with him. 

Something in him had always told him that this boy is for him, something in him pushed him to Wang Yibo to become his friend. "Why does my heart suddenly skip just at the mere sight of him? Why does it seem like I knew him forever? Why am I attracted to him like this? He is a male, Xiao Zhan, get a grip of yourself!" Xiao Zhan reprimanded himself that very moment and wanted to avert his gaze elsewhere but he found himself gazing and smiling at the young boy as he was introducing himself to the class.

This baffled Xiao Zhan himself and wasn't even sure if it was him that was doing it or was it something else. He hasn't felt this way with anyone before, not even to his classmates that had been making advances at him, both male and female and even their seniors who had graduated before they now became the senior to graduate at that time. 

Xiao Zhan got so many love letters and so many confessions from many people even from the junior student but he never gave attention to any of them and had always politely turned them down and told them he wasn't ready for any commitments yet. But why does he suddenly feel this way just by looking at this new boy? Xiao Zhan had wondered.

Xiao Zhan's heart raced in joy when the boy was given a seat to sit beside him. He noticed how so many boys and girls were looking at the new student and were squealing and squirming like complete fools, murmuring and whispering amongst each other while admiring the handsome boy. 

Xiao Zhan doesn't know why but he feels jealous and possessive towards the new student and suddenly wants to keep him to himself. He was consciously glaring at the whole class and sneering as well while rolling his eyes. He turned to look at the boy beside him only to find out the boy was also looking at him and had that soft smile while staring at him.

"Oh, my gosh! He's looking at me and he's smiling at me as well!" Xiao Zhan squealed in his mind. "Oh, Lord! He is so handsome! I don't think I can breathe properly! How am I going to survive with him staring at me like that? I've never seen a smile so breath-taken as his before. Zhan, calm down and act like you don't care. Just greet him and that's all." Xiao Zhan countered to himself before looking at the smiling boy and smiling at him as well.

Xiao Zhan noticed how the boy flinched on him smiling at him and he wondered if he offended him with his friendly gesture or what, but unknowingly to him, his smile took the boy's breath away. "Hi, my name is Wang Yibo, can I get your name?"

"Ahhh!" Xiao Zhan screams internally, almost dying to fan himself to make sure he wasn't dreaming. Who was he kidding thinking he could pretend he doesn't care when this boy just made everything he wanted nothing but him.