Chapter Seventeen

"Oh, God, please... Please... I hope they succeed with the plan and do not implicate me. I don't want to go to jail, I can't even imagine it! Were they able to kidnap him?" Chen panicked, his heart erratically hammering, thinking of the worse that might be happening at the Xiao's compound.

"What if they are caught in the process? Will they point to me as the accomplice? My own will be finished if that happens! Hoa Xuan, I hope they succeeded, because I won't have you implicate me!" Chen thought while prancing around the living room thinking of the possibility of what might likely happen to him if the kidnappers weren't able to execute the plans. It will mean jeopardizing his relationship with Dylan and also risking his life as well.

He was lost in his thoughts when Dylan walked inside and said, "baby, do you hear the latest news?" At first, Chen was startled with how he barged inside, now hearing him make him flinch, clinging to his thumping heart. 

Dylan, who saw his reactions and the state he is in right now, threw him a suspicious look,  "Chen, it's everything alright? Why are you shaking and sweating?" Dylan asked and seeing he wasn't responding or looking at him, he went to him and gripped his hand to make him look at him, there, he saw all the guilt and fear in Chen's eyes, the evidence that he had something to do with the kidnap were all written on his face.

"Oh, Chen, you know something about Zhan's kidnap, right?" Dylan Intoned, raging in fury waiting for Chen to say something but instead, Chen was fidgeting and was avoiding making eye contact with him. Dylan got angry and tightened his grip on him, "What did you do? Where do you and Hoa Xuan keep Zhan? Talk before I strangle you here and now!"

"Tsk...puff...haha... Tch..." Chen made different sarcastic sounds, trying to find his tongue on what to say to him without being caught. "I can't believe you're accusing me of something as outrageous as kidnap! Lord! Dylan, I can't believe you think I'm among those that kidnap Zhan? This is so unbelievable and disheartening! How dare you accuse me of something like that? Have you forgotten that Zhan is my friend, my best friend? How can I think of hurting him? I hate you for this!" Chen retreated his hands from Dylan and started pushing him in anger while letting down his tears.

"Here I am, dressed and waiting for us to attend his wedding and here you are accusing me of kidnapping him? How wicked can you be! How did I even know that he was kidnapped? You're despicable and I'm tired of this toxic relationship we're in! No trust, no faith! No anything! Set me free and come and take back the bride price you paid to my parents because I am going back home this minute! I can't stand you anymore!" Chen screamed in anger, brought out his luggage and started packing his things.

Dylan rushed to him and back hugged him, "Baby... Baby, you can't do this to me. You can't leave me. Have you forgotten how much I love you? It's just that your behaviour isn't allowing me to trust you and that was why I accused you. It's written all over your face that you knew something and that was why I lashed out at you. I'm sorry... Forgive me and don't leave me. I trust you, okay." 

Dylan pleaded and was finally able to stop Chen from packing and made him look at him. "I'm sorry, baby, it will never happen again. Just stop your behaviours and let me love you as you deserve." He smiled and nibbled Chen's lips.

Chen shuddered that he was able to act fast and embraced him. "Oh, my God, what if he eventually finds out? Will my marriage end because of my reckless decision? I should've stopped Hoa Xuan! I should've listened to my fiance! I should've advised him against it and not let my anger and jealousy get the best of me. I'm finished!" Chen thought and on seeing Dylan breaking out of the embrace, he immediately put on the best facade smiled back and looked at him.

"Baby, you're yet to come and complete our traditional rite concerning our marriage. I want to be fully married to you. Please let's....." Chen wasn't able to complete his words as his stomach stirred, making him run outside and throw up. "Why the hell am I barfing for days now?"

"Are you alright? I saw you vomit yesterday but I thought maybe the food you ate wasn't good for you, and here you are vomiting again. What is happening?" Dylan, who came after him, asked while rubbing his back to soothe him.

"For the past few days now, I haven't been able to contain any food in my mouth. The minutes I eat are also the minutes I throw up. I... I think I'm pregnant...."

Dylan's eyes bulged out and couldn't contain his smiles and happiness. "Are you serious? You're pregnant? For me? Baby, you're not joking, right? We're pregnant?" Dylan excitedly picked Chen up and swung him around like he was a baby. "I'm so happy! I'm gonna be a father! And don't worry, three days from now, I'm going to your parents to complete every rite and have you as my wife, officially!" Dylan cooed and started rushing back inside with Chen to show him how happy he is by the news.

------

"Somebody help me! Help me! Open this door! Who are you! Whoever you are, open this door and let me go!" Xiao Zhan, who had finally regained consciousness, screamed while banging the closed door. "Please, today was supposed to be my traditional wedding! Let me go! Please... Please..." Xiao Zhan's voice resonated and his body gave out since the drug used on him was still affecting him. He slumped and started crying while banging for them to open the door for him.

"Please... Please... Please, let me go! What did I do to you? Why did you hold me, hostage, here? Let me go!" He cried but stopped and Immediately got up when the doorknob turned and opened. He saw the same girl that claimed to be Meng Zoey's assistant walking inside with a plate of food and water. 

Xiao Zhan charged at her, "Why did you do this to me? What have I ever done to you? I don't even know you, so why hold me captive here?" 

Yufie smirked and cared less about his questions. She only dropped the food and turned to leave as she came but Xiao Zhan rushed to her and grabbed hold of her clothes and made her turn, "Tell me, what have I done to you? Why did you kidnap me on my wedding day? What's my offence?"

Yufie sneered and pushed his hands away and glared at him. "When he comes, you ask him! Now eat and stop asking me stupid questions because you won't get it from me!" She snarled and left Xiao Zhan shocked in a place.

"He? Did she just say he? Who could that person be? Hoa Xuan? No, he can't be this wicked and heartless, right? But who is this? Please, let me go! I'm begging you! Please.... please...Yibo…Baby come and save me and your baby... I'm scared..." Xiao Zhan wailed until he got tired and cried himself to sleep, without touching the food.

-----

Wang Yibo was in his room pacing and crying for his missing bride, thinking of what and how to get him back. He wasn't familiar with the crook and hook of this village and didn't know where to go and find him and the police were not helping at all.

"Could it be one of my enemies in the city? But I have no business rivals here in China? Could they be my father's rivals and want to take it out on me? But who? No! No! Hoa Xuan was just messing with my head! He had a hand in this! What should I do?" Wang Yibo thought while letting down his tears and imagining the kind of pain his beloved would be in by now.

"It has to be Hoa Xuan and no one else. I'll have people follow every one of his movements! I must find my bride before something bad happens to him and our baby. Hold on Zhan, I'll do anything to find you. Please hold on for me." Wang Yibo slumped on his bed and cried, feeling useless that he can't do anything but just sit and cry.