Chapter Five

For the past one week, Xiao Zhan had been restlessly waiting for Hoa Xuan to come to him and maybe be moved by his threats, but he guessed Hoa Xuan didn't love him as he claims. He had been waiting for him and still refused to be the foolish one in this unresponsive relationship. 

He had made up his mind not to speak to or visit Hao Xuan again until he agreed to come for a formal marriage introduction and layout his timeline for their wedding, that's all he wanted. He had been deeply hurt by Hoa Xuan's utterances the last time they spoke, but he was determined to have it his way. 

"You must marry me, that's the only language and tone I'm ready to dance to this time around. You rather come do the needful and or forget about it because I will not come for you to use anyhow you want and that's final. I have my dignity and pride to protect." He stood by his words. 

"Everyone kept asking me when it would be my own turn to come and celebrate with me, come attend my traditional and white wedding ceremony and I couldn't even say anything to them because there's nothing to say. You've shamed me enough and I won't be only good in bed for you but good as your husband or wife, whichever you want me to represent for you! Just come for my hand in marriage, please!" Xiao Zhan had lamented and it had always been in his mind whenever the thoughts of his fiance crossed his mind.

Just yesterday, he attended their colleague's traditional marriage and his husband extended their white wedding to the city where he lives. Just why will he always be the one to attend people's traditional and white weddings? When will others attend on their own? Is he cursed or something? Did anyone place or curse on him in this village? It can only be his village people who are responsible for his misfortune and no one else. 

If it's a curse, Xiao Zhan has decided to break out from it because Hoa Xuan will never see him in his house until he comes for a proper introduction and makes his intentions properly known to his parents. He must break that curse and that's what he must do! Xiao Zhan firmly stood his ground.

His parents had asked him several times why they hadn't seen Hoa Xuan recently but he made up excuses for him, that he was busy with work and plans for their future together. Mrs. Xiao knew her son was bluffing and wasn't telling them the truth and this kept bothering her. 

She liked Hoa Xuan and had considered him as her son-in-law and it worries her why he hasn't been seen with her son and she can no longer tolerate the lies her son was telling them. This morning, Xiao Zhan was inside his room and was preparing for work when he heard a knock on his door and opened it, he saw his mother standing and was looking at him suspiciously.

"What?" Xiao Zhan asked and wondered why she was looking at him like that. "Mother, are you going to come inside or should I close the door back on your face? I need to prepare. I'm already running late before my boss sacked me." Xiao Zhan said and left the door open for his mother to either come inside or go if she had nothing to say rather than giving him such a look.

"Zhan, what are you hiding from us? From me, your mother?" Mrs.  Xiao walked inside and closed the door. "You've been telling us stories about Hoa Xuan making plans for the future for you two but I know you very well enough to know you're lying to us." She said and walked closer to her son who had stopped what he was doing and was listening to her. 

She turned him around and made Zhan face her, she continued, "My son, is there something going on between you and Xuan that you're not telling me? Talk to me, baby, are you two having some misunderstanding or something? He hasn't come here for a week now and it's getting to two weeks already and yet, we haven't seen him. Talk to me, what is happening between you two?" She asked, her voice soft and caring that Xiao Zhan who was acting strong broke out and started crying.