chapter six

Omniscient

Omniscient

"This is too big." Ash-Leigh states as her older brother follows her through the spacious penthouse. This was now the forth place he had shown her today and sadly to say, Ash-Leigh already knew that this was not what she wanted. The first place he had shown her was what caught her eye. It was a nice apartment in the heart of the city with the perfect view along with three bedrooms and two baths.

"That condo you showed me across town fits me more. This is too," she looks around the empty apartment then at Taylor. "Too much three bedrooms is good enough for me." She continues as she peeks into the master bedroom. "On second thought." She steps further into the room when she notices a balcony connected to it.

"This might not be too bad. It's bigger than I want and need though." She confesses. Taylor nods and jots down a few notes on the small notebook in hand. "Okay so I'll mark this one as a maybe, we can spin the block again and look at the first place again if you want." He offers.

"Sounds good to me." Ash-Leigh replies with a smile. "But I need something to eat. You had the nerve to get me out of bed bright and early and didn't even offer to get a bitch a McGriddle let alone an iced coffee." She sighs dramatically while placing her hand on her growling stomach.

"Alright champ we can get lunch then stop by the condo, how much more time do we have til you're out of here?" He questions as the two of them make their way out of the vacant apartment and down the hall to the elevators. "Eight o'clock." She replies, pulling her phone out to check her messages.

"I'll arrive in Japan around midnight their time not ours." She explains as the elevator doors open. The two step out then walk through the quiet lobby toward the exit. "Your sleep is going to be all fucked up huh?" Taylor chuckles as he unlocks his car.

"Yeah the first two days are going to be brutal but by day four I'm back in business. I'm excited too." She says with a smile. Although she enjoyed not only her time with Hira but with her family in general, she was excited to get back into her creative ways; making content and sharing ideas. She had a lot of them just sitting in her head waiting to be released and brought to life in physical form.

Taylor looks at her with an amiable smile, happy at the fact that she was happy to get back home but a little disappointed that she was leaving. He talked about his feelings towards the situation with his wife days prior and how he wished she'd stay. He was happy that his little sister had made a name for herself in the filming industry and wanted nothing more than for her to flourish however, he did not like how their relationship had basically become nonexistent and feared that it would go right back to that once she boarded the jet.

After all, he was the last one to find out that she had moved and that wasn't until after he had returned from his honeymoon. That same night he called her and the two of them got into a heated argument; one so heated that neither one of them decided to pick up the phone for nearly five years and if it wasn't for the passing of their aunt, it would've been much longer.