chapter fourteen

Omniscient

The young and tired couple stumble into their apartment with luggage in hand

The young and tired couple stumble into their apartment with luggage in hand. Constance drops her suitcase on the floor and makes her way to the couch while Ash-Leigh wonders through the kitchen.

"Sebastian! Lillian!" She calls out, opening the cabinet to retrieve their cat food. "Elijah said he dropped them off an hour before we landed." She mentions, now entering their living room.

"They're probably asleep." Constance says with a yawn as she turns over on her back, looking Ash-Leigh's way.

"Sebastian!!" Ash-Leigh calls out one last time before letting a sigh pass her lips. "They probably are and I'm too tired to search for them." She admits, resting her hands on her hips as her eyes avert over to her tired girlfriend, balled up on the couch.

"Let's shower then sleep." She suggests, sitting down on the arm of the couch. Constance mumbles something inaudible then opens her eyes. "I'll just sleep on the couch tonight the jet leg has me really tired." She whines turning back over on her side.

"Baby I know you want to wash that long flight off." Ash-Leigh, gently creasing her thigh. "And I'm not sleeping on the couch when we have a comfortable bed waiting." She adds now grabbing Constance's arm. She pulls her up with a little struggle due to Constance purposely going limp in her hold.

"Can I take you out on a date tomorrow?" Ash-Leigh questions as she removes her shirt and places it on the counter.

Constance smiles to herself and turns around, meeting her brown eyes. "Sure, where do you want to go?" Constance inquires as she steps out of her pants and enters the steaming shower. Ash-Leigh removes the remaining of her clothing then joins her, "It's a surprise." She mumbles, pressing her lips against Constance's bare back as her hands find their way to her hips. They remain there as she places more kisses upon her exposed skin. Constance closes her eyes and lets out a moan before turning around to meet Ash-Leigh's intense eyes. Her arms snake around her neck as she steps on her tippy toes, brushing her lips against Ash-Leigh's. "Are you trying to get me in the mood?" She questions with a raised brow, searching her girlfriend's worried face.

Ash-Leigh shakes her head, runs her tongue along her bottom lip and leads Constance to the steaming water pouring down from their ceiling. "Is it a crime for me to kiss and hold my girlfriend?" She questions, watching as Constance's blonde curls absorb the water.

"No never." Constance responds with a smile. Her eyes briefly run up and down Ash-Leigh's naked body before she reaches for a bottle of shampoo. She adds some to her hands then begins to lather it up. Ash-Leigh stands back and watches in silence, taking in her god given beauty that was truly effortless. She knew that Constance was bad the day the two met in the club but with her being wrapped up in Hira and their situationship, she never took the time to fully appreciate it until now.

No distraction in sight, just the two of them in their raw forms.

"You know that I love you, right." Ash-Leigh throws out there. The guilt she felt within the pit of her stomach was rising up again and all at once; she was no longer able to mask it now that she was back home, in her place of utter vulnerability. She could not help but to let her guard down but now, every thought that she had tucked away, in the furthest part of her mind was front and center. Hitting on the door with all it's might begging to be set free.