chapter eighteen

Omniscient

Omniscient

Constance lays with her head in the palm of her hand as she watches her girlfriend's chest slowly rise and fall; mesmerized by how peaceful she looked while in a deep sleep. She looks over her shoulder at the clock displaying 6:45AM, three hours until their flight.

Everything was already in order; the passports and luggage was stored away in the SUV that would be arriving within an hour stops followed the gifts everyone would be bringing along. All the was left was for ash-Leigh to wake up however, Constance could not bring herself to disrupt her peaceful sleep. Not only did she look amazing while sleeping, she knew that she was exhausted from the night before. Being that she had got home only three hours ago. She made it her mission to get as much filming done with Tsubasa as possible before enjoying her shower getaway. Even if he explained countless times that all production would be put on hold until her return; all that did was go in one ear and out the other.

"You know I can feel you staring at me." Ash-Leigh grumbles. Constance knits her threaded brows together then looks down at her girlfriend who turns over and faces her, eyes still closed. "I'm sorry but you look beautiful." She removes some of her dark hair from her face, just to get a better view of her. She then leans down and places a kiss on her cheek. Ash-Leigh eye flutter open and adjust to the light seeping in through their curtains. She yawns then pulls her tired body up, "are you ready for your birthday gift?" Constance questions.

"Is it breakfast in bed?" She inquires as she pulls her onto her lap. Her hands rest on the small of her back as she puckers her lips, awaiting a kiss. Constance cups her face and plants a kiss on her lips then wraps her arms loosely around her neck.

"No it's not." She says, nestling her her face in the front of her neck. She inhales her familiar sweet scent and tightens her grip. "Better than breakfast in bed." She admits as she slides off of her. Ash-Leigh reaches for her and pulls her back on top of her, now wrapping her legs around her waist to trap her in her hold. "Not if you're my breakfast." Ash-Leigh states, biting her bottom lip which causes Constance to laugh. She places her hands on her chest and tries to push herself up only for Ash-Leigh to hold her tighter. She decides to settle in her hood and lays her head in her chest, listening to the steady beating of her heart. The soothing beat of it nearly makes her fall back asleep as her eyelids become heavy. She lifts her head and looks down at her sleepy girlfriend. "You can get all the sleep you need on our flight. I just want to make sure that we arrive to our destination on time." She says as she rolls off her and reaches for her phone. She quickly sends Cheri a text message.

We're almost ready - Connie

Okay in route - Cheri Bear

She places her phone beside her then grabs her girlfriend's hand, pulling her into her embrace. She wraps her arms around her as the bit of sun light rising from the mountains shine on the both of their bodies. "Where are you talking me?" Ash-Leigh questions as she meets Constance's hazel green eyes.