Two

Skyler.
•••

Three months. Three months since everything changed. Three months since she had fallen to her death.

Three months since James sent a whole team to find her body. He was turning mad. I don't know if it was due to the lost of his daughter, or what.

He had watched the whole thing unfold. He had stayed hidden in the trees, never guessing what she would do. He thought of her as weak, a failure.

I was confused on why he chose to save her. Confused why he sent his men in after her. She was a lost cause I told him. There was no way for her to survive that fall, especially into those waters. And I was right. She didn't.

I had no reaction to her limp body being pulled out. I didn't mourn, wasn't even a bit sad.

It was a little funny though. When they pulled her out, her body was completely frozen.

   Her hand was completely frozen into a fist. It was funny what was in her palm. What she was squeezing so tightly. She hadn't let the stone go.

Maybe she wasn't a complete failure I had told James.

Three months. It had been three months since he had me use my powers to bring her back. Three months since she could of woken up.

But James wouldn't let her, not until now. I don't know his reasonings, I know not to question them. I just think the whole thing is quite amusing.
•••