Six

Arden
•••

   "Do you like it?" She's talking about my room. After the talk with our farther, Skyler had been ordered to take me to my room. It was quite beautiful. "Our father wanted you to have one fit for a princess."

   The room was, it was beautiful and everything a girl would ever want. I give her a nod and a smile. I did like it, quite a lot. But not enough to stay. "What does yours look like?"

   "Nothing like this." She says scanning the room. I wanted to ask her so many questions. So many thoughts flew around my head. I felt as if I was going to explode.  "You want to say something." My head snaps up. "I can tell, just ask."

   "Did you know I was alive?"

   "Yes." She picks up a necklace on my vanity, and twirls it in her hand. "He thinks of you as light."

   "What?"  I wait for her to clarify.

   "This necklace, this room, have you not noticed everything is light about it." I scan the room. The bedding was white, the walls were a pale green. "My room is the opposite." There's a tone of sadness in her voice. "He thinks I am the exact opposite of you. It's quite funny, since your powers have everything to do about death. And mine all about life. Yet I'm the dark one, and you're nothing but good."

   "Did you ever ask to see me, know about me?"

   She laughs, "I didn't have to, you were all he talked about." Her words shock me. "He loves you, a lot more than you think." She puts down the necklace, and turns towards me. "It's a good thing you agreed though. He loves you, but he loves power more."

   Her words make me nervous. "Would he have done something if I said no?"

   "Nothing that would've harmed you. Nothing that you would have been able to even notice."

   "What are you talking about?" If her words before made me nervous, these ones made me scared.

   "The stone you got from the castle, the one he told you he needed, that wasn't for him. Well, it was. But it was more for you."

   She was speaking in riddles, not giving me a straight answer, and it was pissing me off. "Please be more specific." I grind out, trying to keep my annoyance at bay.

   "What you got was a type of bloodstone. It can only can be use against those you share blood with." She yawns, putting her hand up to cover her mouth. Was this boring for her? My world falling apart, finding out everything was a lie.

   "Used for what?"

   "To control you."
•••