Seventeen

Arden.
•••

I didn't leave. He left, and I sat my stubborn ass down. I will not run from what I did. I will not back out. I have a plan, and I'm sticking to it.

   So what if my plan didn't involve me getting executed? There will always be some bumps in the road. A few hiccups.

   So now, it's morning. Or at least I'm assuming it is. I don't know if I actually did just lay there the whole time, or if I drifted to sleep for a little.

   I wish I had a hairbrush. I comb my hands through my hair, trying to make it presentable. I am lucky, they had brought me a toothbrush. Or else my breath would of killed everyone before they had the chance to kill me.

   I don't know why I'm trying to look nice. I don't even know if there's an afterlife. But I always thought there could be. And I always had a fear that I'd be stuck wearing what I died in for the rest of my afterlife life. I groan, I'm going to be stuck looking like a mess.

   My head snaps to the door, I hear footsteps. Multiple pairs of them. Two men in uniforms enter in first. Then Will, with a bored impression. Which is wiped away the second he sees me.

   The guards take a step towards me, before Will puts him hand up to stop them. They move aside, parting out of the way of their prince. I stand up as Will moves towards me. Anger heated in his m eyes. He grabs my arms, pulling me towards and out the door.

   The guards follow six steps behind. The prince's grip tightens on my arm as we walk down the lighted hallway. "I hate you for this." He whispers in my ear.

   "And for a lot of other things." I whisper back.

   Something in my chest stirs, knowing the fact he wanted me to leave. He expected me to.

   We enter a set of doors, guarded by even more guards. They open the door as we approach.

   We enter the throne room. It's easy it put the pieces together. The thrones, the king and queen on them. The dozen guards. Christian and Levi were even there.

   Christian looked guilty, gave me pitiful look. Levi, he wouldn't even look me in the eyes. He felt pained. I knew he saw me as a friend, so I was another person he was losing. Will had let go of my arm seconds before we walked in. I look at his hands now, I could swear they were shaking.

   This made me confirm what I thought. It wasn't some cruel joke. I was going to die.
•••