Hostel life, here I come

Author's POV :

It was a pleasant monsoon morning in Bangalore. Weather was perfectly fine with slightly drizzling rain. But weather condition inside Avasthi mansion wasn't really fine...

"Princess.... Jaanu putta... Jaanu"
None of her father's lovely endearments affected the sulking Jaanvi.
Jaanvi Avasthi, the true jaan of Avasthi's and the younger kid of the family was the 17 year old dear daughter of Jayanth and Sumathi and a sweetheart of her brother Avinaash.
This simple, cute looking girl can be an actual hurricane whenever her demands are unfulfilled. Being the only girl child in the entire family, she was treated like a princess from the moment she was born.

But today the doted daughter of the house was busy giving hard time to her family with her hunger strike. So giving up all the sweet talk techniques Jayanth finally walked into her room and sat in front of his baby angry bird.

"Who is the cause of my Princess's foul mood early in the morning and how long will this hunger strike continue?"
Jayanth asked her with a playful smile.
"Why don't you ask your dear wifey, Dad?
She is the one denying my long term dream"
She made a wry face.

"Of course I'm the one at fault for caring about this brat who is hell bent on leaving all of us for 3 years for her studies. You should actually put some sense into your daughter's brain. We do have reputed colleges here in Bangalore right? What is the need for her to shift to some unknown place and stay all alone?"
Sumathi entered the room with her never ending rants.
"Mom, first of all Mangalore isn't an unknown place and Avi Anna lives there if you remember and also, you know how badly I want to study in St Teresa.
Dad...even you promised that you will let me select the college once I finish 12th..."
And the argument continued till
Avinaash walked in and cleared his throat.

Jaanu showed him her famous puppy face and asked for help and he nodded with an ok. Of course... how can he say no to his sweetheart.

"Dad, Mom... Jaanu isn't a kid anymore. She can take care of herself now and she needs to learn living independently. Moreover I'm working in Mangalore branch now, so I'll be just a call away from her."
Avinaash tried his best to convince his Mom and Dad.
"Now that everyone is in her favor, why should I be bothered? Do whatever you feel like"
Sumathi left the room with teary eyes.
"Princess, you know your mom right. Just go talk to her after sometime. She is just worried about you"
Her father patted her hair and left the room.

" Am I doing something wrong Anna?
I don't want to hurt Mom and Dad"
She asked him with confusion. She was tangled between her dreams and her family at the moment. Following her dreams was important but not at the expense of making her Mom sad. So the only option she had was to seek her dear brother's help. Avinaash was always her savior at any condition and for him she meant the whole world. From the moment he held her in his arms for the first time, he promised to take care of her and fulfil all her dreams. The sibling bond between Jaanvi and Avinaash was indeed a warm one.

"Don't worry much Jaanu. You're not doing anything wrong here. Mom is just concerned about your well-being. I still remember how badly she was worried on your first day at playschool. She was waiting there for a whole day worrying you might need her anytime. She worries about every little thing related to you. So it's normal for her to react this way. Just talk to her and sort things out. You know she can't resist your charms"
He chuckled and kissed her forehead and left for work.

Jaanvi's POV :

Now comes the most important task of the hour,
"Mission MAM: Manage Angry Mom".
Come-on Jaanvi you can do it.

I took baby steps to mom and dad's room only to witness my dear Mother India shedding her precious tears looking outside her window.
I tiptoed and back hugged her resting my chin on her shoulders.
"Mom...you can't leave the conversation like that, you know..."
She didn't turn back but continued to stare at the road like its some exemplary artwork.
Jaanvi you need to level up...
I mentally motivated myself to face my mom.