My bestie and your bestie...

Jaanvi's POV :

Being in office became my craving when Mumma decided to put me under house arrest for days after the hospital incident. Finally I was free bird when she agreed to send me back to work, part of credits goes to Ved and Papa, for convincing her. Ved and I started going to office together again and our usual banters were back again.

We were having a casual argument session when we were in the lift and we decided to take a break when we reached our cabins. Investigation team came to my cabin with the details of the issue and I asked Ved to join me.

Though I was the project lead, I wanted to know about Ved's opinion in deciding the future of the issue. We both looked at the file with the details of the culprit and I wasn't even much surprised when I saw Anaitha's name in it. More than anyone in the office she had multiple reasons to kick me out of the office. So it was obvious she would do anything to make her dream come true. But neither she could kick me out of Ved's life nor from V&A.

Since she was Ved's immediate subordinate, I asked him to decide her fate in V&A, probably this would mean a clear closure for him too.
He called us both to his cabin and asked Anaitha to explain her stance on the issue. She didn't even try to deny it and accepted it. She bluntly admitted that she wanted to spoil my name in the company as well as Ved's mind which she miserably failed to complete. Ved asked her for the resignation letter and consult the HR department to complete the resignation procedures and asked the legal team to handle the further proceedings of the case. She tried to display her multiple variety skills to convince him but nothing changed and she had to leave the company for good. So that's the end of a disaster which goes by the name Anaitha.

We both were still in his cabin and his face clearly showed disappointment, since he trusted her for the longest time. Anyone in his situation would definitely feel betrayed at this point.
"I have something to ask "
I tried to initiate a conversation when the silence felt too loud.
"You will anyways ask it even if I say don't, so why bother formalities? Go for it. I'm listening "
He gave a unexcited reply.
"Have you considered the probability of her planning for revenge on me? Listen... I'm not interested in getting kidnapped or being tortured because you decided to kick her out. You know some ex girlfriends will turn psychotic after breakup and humiliation and plan weird things and stuff. This kidnap, hostage, blackmail and threatening are way too scary for real life. I don't want to be victim of anything like that "
"For an MBA graduate your imagination skills are way too high Mrs. Vasisht. This is the result when you read too many suspense thriller novels"
He laughed at me and I felt somewhat relieved.
"Whatever it is I'm planning to inform my lawyer to take care of the issues if something happens to me "
He continued laughing at my words and said,
"Thank God, you didn't add me to your to sue list. Else I should consult my legal team to rescue me from this mess"
"That's such a great idea Ved. Thank you for enlightening me at right time. I need to call the lawyer as soon as possible. Bye take care "
I smirked at him.
"You are not doing any nonsense like that. She isn't into some mafia or things like your cliché novel plot. So stop worrying about it"
"What if she actually plans something? "
I asked him with a serious tone. Knowing the abilities of Anaitha, I can't expect any better from her though...
But his answer left me awestruck.
"Then I will protect you just like the male lead protects his beloved wife"
His tone wasn't playful and his face didn't show any funny expressions anymore. So probability of me finding it funny was nearly zero. I nodded with a broad smile and left his cabin.
I went back to my cabin and his words were messing my brain cells. He asked me to stop thinking like a cliché thriller novel character and he spoke like a proper romance novel lead... Hypocrite idiot..

Once the issue was solved the software project kick started and Ved personally asked me to lead the project this time. Since Anaitha took an exit from both our professional and personal lives, days were more peaceful now. I almost couldn't believe we endured each other for 15 months. Especially without creating any major mess and behaving decently well in front of the world was really a commendable performance by us. I think we deserve a round of applause. As of now life is fine with our busy schedules.

But whenever we got free time, we used to go on road trips with our cousin clan and have night outs when we visited Bangalore. We celebrated all the special festivals like a sweet family. We attended family functions and behaved decently in front of everyone. Whenever a gossip aunty asked us about our future plans, managed to behave politely without lashing out.